Chapter 1

*flashback*

1962

Me, my father and my baby sister just moved out on Russell Ave S since mom left us. We don't know if she's still in Minneapolis but she made it very clear that she abandoned us. On the other side, dad is always out God knows where, he's been like that since mom left. I tried to play it all cool off since my 4 years old sister doesn't really understand what's going on, I'm the only one taking care of her, call me the overprotective brother but I won't let anything happen to my sister.
-
"Are we alone again?" I jumped as I heard my sister's sweet voice. I quickly wiped my tears and looked in her direction, she was standing in my bedroom door frame. "Oh.. hey, Ariana" she approched me and sat next to me on my bed. "J-Jay were you crying?" she asked, "Don't worry about me, hon" I forced a smile. "Hey, can you come out with me? I gotta do a lil something", she smiled widely and nodded. four minutes later, we arrived at the neighbors and they let us in. "Hi mrs. Nelson, I'm sorry for the bother again" her and my mom used to be bestfriends. "Oh, come on, Jay you're never a bother, I haven't seen you since a long time. And who is that cute little one?" she said pinching Ariana's cheeks, "My sister" I replied politely. "Well, aren't you adorable?" they both giggled. "Hey, I have my son in the living room, do you want to play with him?" Mrs. Nelson asked her, she excitedly said yes and ran to the living room. "Prince, you can give her a hug", they both embraced each other, and immediately went to play. That's when it all started...