Chapter 4

July, 1971

Ariana's pov

"I'm gonna catch you, Anderson!" Prince ran after me calling out my last name, we were playing tag in my backyard. Breathless, I pretended to fall on the ground and just laid there, Prince mimicked me and got right by my side, he turned his head to look at me "Hi", "Hi" I replied back with a chuckle. Our eyes connected for so long that I lost count, it was like we felt something but ignored it.

He then got on his knees and started tickling me, "No, Prince please stop! I need to catch my breath!" he immediately stopped as we laughed along. After a moment, we were both sitting on the grass, we could only see the various colors of the sunset, it was gorgeous.

"Why are you looking at me?" I caught Prince, "I-I'm not" he frowned and looked at his feet I could see his cheeks turning bright red, "You're so beautiful" I heard him mumble "What?" "Did I say that out loud?" I nodded, "thanks" I slighly smirked. He turned his body to me "I need to do something" "What?" "Promise me you won't get mad" "Okay.. but wha-" "Promise me..." he interrupted me, "I promise" I said.
                               -

"Close your eyes.." he said above a whisper, I looked straight in his eyes before I did as demanded. The air began to tighten, as I thought about what was going to happen I felt his shaky breath on my lips. In a moment, I could feel his lips touching mine and oh man, that feeling. It was like the world around us stopped, nothing else mattered anymore. He slipped a small moan as we kissed, we didn't want to stop.