Chapter 3

1971

Ariana's pov

Yes, we were already in the summer, mid june to be exact and school was over. Well, for now. On the family side, my brother and I were on pretty good terms, I mean, he was the only one that took care of me when everything was crashing down. He always did his best for me. As for friends, me and Prince still remained in contact, we were always together.
                               -
"So, what do you wanna do now?" I asked Prince as I opened the door of my place, we just got back from a basketball game. "I don't know, can we just chill here?" I nodded. "Hi Jay" I hugged my brother, "Hi there, how was the game?" he asked me, "Very good" I smiled. "So, Prince, are you staying for dinner?" he asked him with a grin. "Oh, no thank you. I've got things to do later" he said a bit shyly. "Skipper, come here" I dragged him into my bedroom.

We had hours of laughter but now he couldn't stop staring at my keyboard "Do you want to play something?" I said, "Alright". He placed the tips of his fingers on the keys and played a very beautiful melody, I couldn't really enjoy it since he suddenly stopped "I'm sorry, I'm not that good" "No, you were great" after a long silence, I decided to speak again "Hey, I haven't came to your place since a while now" I remarked, "I think I gotta go now.." and he left. Weird.