Chapter 45

Prince's pov

I came back home after a lil performance I had to do. When I opened the front door, Ariana was sleeping on the couch. "Baby?" I whispered in her ear, as I touched her hair. My heart broke in pieces when I noticed her cheeks were wet from probably crying herself to sleep, I guessed that she didn't fell asleep too long before I came back. I wiped it off with my thumb, and kissed her adorable nose. She squearmed a little, 'she's so cute' I thought to myself. I felt tears building up in my eyes, I didn't know why, maybe I just missed the happy her. I held back the tears, and covered her body with a blanket.

The next morning, I looked up for her, but she wasn't on the sofa anymore. Until I heard her footsteps coming out of nowhere, "Where were you?" I tangled my fingers with hers, "In the shower" I gave her a hug, because I felt like she needed it. "Are you okay?" I asked as I pulled away, "Yeah" she forced a small smile, while her eyes got watery. I knew she wasn't, especially from last night. "Why are you hiding from me?" "I'm not" she said not even looking at me, "You're lying, Ariana.. You don't have to hide your feelings from me, you know that..." she started to walk away, but I stopped her "Baby... no" "Why don't you leave me? I'm just a waste of time"

"What?" I couldn't believe what she just said. She reminded me of my childhood when I ran away from home or when my father kicked me out. I never wanted her to feel that way. "How can you even think that? I love you and I always will baby.. It hurts me when you say things like this.." she didn't act normal, that wasn't her.

"If only that would've been me instead.." My heart sank into my stomach as she mumbled those words. I watched her with teary eyes, "Are you listening to yourself? How do you think I feel about this? You're basically telling me that you want to die" I tried not to raise my voice too much. "And maybe that's what I want!" she ran into her bedroom, and slammed the door.

The tears fell from my eyes when I went to check her up. She was now sobbing into her pillow. "Ariana-" "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry.." she whimpered, "i-it's okay baby, just... stay with me" I lifted her up and embraced her. We stayed like that for what felt like hours.

"You don't really feel that way, do you?" We pulled away. She just shrugged, wiping her cheeks while I held her hand. "Is it.. me?" I started to feel guilty but she told that it wasn't that. "I wish I could take it away, Ari.." I placed my hand on the side of her face, "you're so beautiful... in and out" I stated, looking deeply in her eyes. "Can I lay with you?.. in your arms?.." she asked so sweetly, "Of course honey.. why are you even asking?" I chuckled a little before we positioned ourselves.

It turned out to be a nap, but I didn't regret anything. I was so happy that she wanted to be in my arms, it was rare in these days.

Soulmates (FINISHED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें