Chapter 39

Ariana's pov

"I think you need to go to the hospital, honey" It's been a week since his hip hurt. He walked around with a cane but he didn't want to go for a check up. "Ariana, I told you this before.. I'm fine" He said which caused me to sigh, "And these pills are gonna get you killed" I was worried about him, but he didn't listen. "I'll go then.." I looked at him, my face lighten up a bit "Really?" "Yeah.. since you want me to"

"Thank you!!" I gave him a hug as I kissed his cheek. "But you're coming with me" "Of course" I smiled. "Oh, I forgot to ask.. can we stay here for a bit longer?" Since my brother told me he was sick, I wanted to be closer to him. "I don't mind.."

-skip the hospital-

"Are you gonna do the surgery?" I asked as we entered the limo to head back home. "No" I knew why, but I didn't like the idea. "Are you sure?" "Why? you didn't do it back then" He was talking about the disease, I had a heart surgery I was supposed to do a long time ago but I didn't do it. "You didn't have to bring this back.." I looked through my window.

I knew he was stressed about this, for the consequences it had for his performances, but he didn't have to take it on me. "Stop the vehicle please" I said to the limo's driver. "What are you doing?" He asked holding my hand, but I soon took it off and got out of the car. "I'll be back tonight.." I closed the door and went at Jai's place.

*a few hours later*

As I got back in the house, I immediately heard his voice, "It's the third time this week! Where were you?" I could tell he was mad. "Hello to you too.." "You met someone ain't you?" here we go again. "I've been at my brother's place! What did you think?" The guilty look plastered on his face,

"I'm sorry.. and I shouldn't have for what I said in the car.." he took my hands. "It's okay... Let's go to sleep now"