Chapter 44

Prince's pov

"Leave me alone.." she dodged my hand away. Ariana had been so cold since these past few days, I'd tell her that I just want to help her but she never listened. My face saddened because she didn't speak up about her feelings, and I just hated this. "You have to talk to me!" I accidentally raised my voice. She laid on her stomach on the bed, and buried her face in the pillow.

When I realized what I just did, I got on my knees on the floor and put my hand on her shoulder, "Ariana? I'm sorry, it's just... I don't like seeing you that way at all, I.. I miss your smile" I mumbled softly. She started crying in her pillow "No, Ari.. Don't cry because of me please... I never meant to hurt you.." She was so overwhelmed with emotions, that even the smallest things bothered her. I felt so bad.

"Look at me please.." I took her hand in mine, and she slowly opened her soft eyes, "Can't you see that I love you?" she stayed mute. I caressed her cheek with my knuckles, "He was so proud of you.. You were his light of happiness.. I promise you that he's gonna stand by your side until the end" I looked at the ground. I hadn't realized that I shedded a tear until she wiped it off for me. When I shifted my gaze to meet hers, she was crying as well.

That night, she finally opened up to me. It felt good to have a real conversation, I missed her voice. We ended up falling asleep in each other's arms, but when I woke up in the middle of the night, she wasn't with me anymore. "Babe? can I come in?" I knocked on the bathroom's door, I could hear her cry on the other side.

I opened the door, and she was on the floor, her back pressed against the bath as she looked down at her hands while she cried. "Ari..." I hugged her, trying to ease the tension. She stopped crying after a moment, but I knew she needed more comfort, so she rested her head on my chest. "I never told you this before, but.. I thank God everyday for letting you live another day" I admitted,

"Really?" her doe eyes stared into mines. "Yeah.." I wiped the wetness just under her eyes with my thumb. "Let's go to bed.." I lifted her up, and we made our way. She drifted off to sleep sooner than I thought. "I love you" I whispered out loud, even though she couldn't hear me.
-

It was only this morning that I woke up before her. I just played with her hair and admired her beauty. I decided to get up, and make breakfast for both of us.

"Ariana?" I said as I slightly opened her door, "mhm?" she sounded like she just woke up. "Baby.. I made breakfast" I stroked her hair, "You have to eat sweetheart" I kissed her forehead. I helped her to get up, walked to the kitchen, and we started eating peacefully. "Thank you" I was surprised that she finally talked. I took our plates, and put it in the sink. "You're welcome baby... How are you feeling today?" I asked, but she just looked away.

"Hey..." I lifted her chin up, "it's okay if you're not..." I gave her a quick kiss. "Can you leave me some time alone please? I'll be in the bedroom.." I hesitated at first, but I couldn't force her to stay, so I let her go. I didn't know if it was a good idea or not.

I suddenly heard her crying from the other room. I stepped inside and she was on her bed. When I got close to her, she instantly snuggled up against me, which caught me off guards. "I love you, Prince" she cried harder into me, leaving a wet trail on my shirt. Her words startled me, I hadn't heard those since a long time. My hands found her hair, "I love you too baby"