Chapter 43

Prince's pov

I hadn't seen Ariana since I went up to my studio, I even looked everywhere in Paisley Park and she wasn't there. I tried to call her but there was no response, that's when I started to worry. I didn't even count how many times I called her, but I knew it was a lot. Hours passed by, and she still didn't come back. I was petrified. I took my jacket and made my way up to her place.

The door was unlocked, which wasn't normal, so I let myself in. "Ariana?" none of the lights were on, it was completely dark in her house, only the light of the shining moon brightened through the windows. When I went upstairs, I heard something like if someone was crying. I walked up to her bedroom as I called up her name one more time, but it was silent. I knocked on her door and slowly opened it.

She was sitting down on the floor, sobbing her eyes out. Her room was a whole mess. I quickly made my way next to her, and held her close to me. I never saw her like this. Her long sleeved shirt was wet from tears, she struggled trying to breathe through her whimpers. Due to her disease, I grabbed her asthma inhaler and gave it to her, "inhale and exhale baby.." she coughed after she took it. She cried on my chest as I ran my fingers in her hair, "Don't worry baby, I'm here.." After all that, I knew what happened...

She calmed down a little, after a long moment. "Let's get to your bed, Ari.." I took her by the waist and tried my best to lift her up. I sat her down on the bed, and I placed myself right next to her. Her back was facing me, so I turned her around and she was crying again. "Noo.. baby..." I mumbled as I wrapped her with my arms. "It's gonna be alright..." I whispered trying to give all my comfort. After a while, she fell asleep before me, crying as she did, she must've been really tired. And right before I knew it, I fell asleep too.

Next day

I would hold her more tightly when I'd hear her cry at times during the night. It really broke my heart to see her like this. But now it was the morning, and she wasn't next to me anymore. I went to her studio, but the door was locked. "Ari? can you please open the door.." I had no response in return. "Please" I whispered. The door suddenly opened, "What?" her eyes were bloodshot from last night, and she was still wearing the same clothes. However, I still thought she was beyond beautiful in my eyes.

"Talk to me.." the worried look was glued in my face, "I don't want to" she closed the door behind her, walked back to her room, so I followed right behind. She started cleaning the mess she had made from last night, without saying a word, I helped her out. I stopped and looked at her direction when I heard her shedding a tear. I got closer to her, and saw that she was holding a picture with her brother in it.

"It's not your fault honey.." I put my hand on her knee. "I wasn't there enough for him" "Don't say that, it was a disease.." the tears flowed from her eyes, until I wiped them off. "How about we take a warm shower together? Just to change your mind.." I suggested, "I want to be alone, Prince" I slowly nodded my head before she got up and went into the bathroom.

My heart shattered. I just wanted to make her pain go away.
-

Since she got out of the shower, she hadn't said a word to me. Until; "You can go home.." my gaze shifted at her, "You know that I'm not leaving, not when you're like that... I can't.." I insisted. "Have you ate something yet?" I asked, "I'm not hungry" she played with her nails. "Baby.. you have to eat.. let me make you something"

"I don't want to.." she whined as she hid her face with her hands. "Hey... look at me.." I tried taking her arms away, but she was forcing, until she gave up. Tears roamed on her face again. I closed my eyes as I placed my forehead on hers, and my hand on her cheek. "I love you..."