~Chapter 1-Soulless~

You grumble to yourself, crossing your arms over the flat wooden surface.

"Stupid teachers, stupid people..." You hiss under your breath.

Some other people hear your complaining, turning their heads to glare at you before looking back at the teacher. You lean your head down on your arms, eyes scanning over the classroom. Your teacher poked and prodded at the kids that fell asleep in class, making you chuckle.

"I suggest you wake up!" She shouts, making you just want to fall asleep.

Someone ignores you and doesn't tell you to do something? You do it. Someone tells you to do something? You don't do it. Simple as that.

Your eyelids close for a second before you're being startled awake by the school bell. Drool dripped down your chin and your eyes were hazy from the nap you had. Wiping the drool away with the back of your hand, you stand from your desk and grab your backpack, slinging it over your shoulder.

"Wow. Another great lesson. Let's go home now..."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

You take out your keys, unlocking your front door and limping inside. You drop the backpack, immediately slamming the door closed.

You flop down on your dark blue couch, a heavy sigh passing through your lips.

"How was your day, Fresh?" You ask, shielding your eyes from the light coming in through the window.

"It was the most fricken uncool day, yo!" Fresh answers back, making you smile softly.

It's been a week since your birthday. Ever since meeting Fresh, he hasn't stopped showing himself to you. He was always there when you mentioned his name. It was almost like you could summon him.

"So we've both had a bad day..." You sit up, looking over at Fresh who just smiled.

He was so odd to you. One second, he would be the weirdest, funniest skeleton ever. Then another he could become some coldhearted, serious, overprotective guy, and you've only known him for a full week. He only became cruel when people were mean or rude to you. It gave you mixed feelings. On one hand, you were generally scared he would just hurt somebody. All he's done is stare at somebody so intensely that they would get freaked out and leave. He never put a hand on them.

On your another hand, you really enjoyed him being there. You somewhat considered him a friend. And he spiced up your life a bunch. Who even uses the word 'radical'? Fresh does.

"I mean, like, my bro can be so wacky." He crosses his arms, turning his head to the side like a diva.

He never talked about himself. You thought it was weird. You would ask why he would wear those shades all the time, but you got no answer. Only silence. The only time he mentioned where he came from was through 'family'. But even then, he still wouldn't tell you much.

Though, he knew everything about you. What you like to do for fun, how bad your parents truly are. He wasn't trying to be creepy, but to protect you from bullies and the monsters he calls family.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

~Fresh's memory flashback~

"S-shE h-has tO d-dIe."

Fresh looks through the portal, seeing you curling up in your bed and crying. His smile turns into a stiff frown, looking back at Error who just stared at you with hate.

"But, why does this rad homie need to die?" He questions, looking back at you.

"I-I can't tEll y-yOu. ALl yoU n-nEed to d-do iS k-kIll heR."

"Why me?"

"B-beCause I-I can't a-alWays be thE b-bad guY. And dOn't e-evEn acT iNnOcent. You'Re s-soulless. Y-yOu c-can't fEel s-sympathy for hEr..."

Error gives a grim smile.

"You c-cAn't feeL a-t alL."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Instead of killing you, he wanted to protect you. You looked absolutely miserable.

Soulless?

Not around you. He wanted to feel something. Maybe hanging around a human would help him?

He found himself wanting to be your friend after awhile. He knew you still didn't completely trust him. He just randomly showed up in your house on your birthday. He could understand. But he was determined to help you feel something as well.

You scoot closer to where he's sitting, blinking slowly.

"Want to know something worse?"

His head tips to the side, pin-pricks flickering under his shades in interest.

"My parents are coming over tomorrow. The world is ending!"

"Nah, I'm sure they're not that uncool, brah."

You flip up his multicolored hat, rolling yourself off the couch and towards your bedroom.

"Believe me, they're that bad... so that being said, can you do me a favor?" You ask, a nervous smile dancing across your face.

"Are you flipping kidding me? Of course!"

"Um, could you stay with me while they're here? I know you don't like to stay for too long, and I know they can't see you, but please?" You clasp your hands together.

"I already said yes!" He gives a peace sign, making a sigh escape you.

"Thank you."

He clenches his teeth together so hard they could break, fists clenching and unclenching. You walk into your room, not noticing his sudden distress and discomfort.

"I really hope Error doesn't find out... This could ruin everything."

----

*looks at time*

Time: It's currently 2: pm. GO TO FREAKING BED! ITS TIME TO STOP! WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS?

If you find any spelling mistakes or typos, just ignore them plz. My body was telling me no, but my mind was telling me yes to write something.

*REFERENCES INTENSIFIES*