~Chapter 10-Selfishness~

It wasn't as simple as a quick kiss.

He wanted to lean down and connect his teeth with your lips so desperately, but if he did, then there would be no you. Only your body; an empty shell.

You can't be the God of Manipulation and not expect heartbreak to follow after. He's basically walking down a path of utter destruction and loss. His good side wants to be faithful and caring towards everyone, encouraging his chill, friendly attitude. Then his dark and evil side wants to kill and take without another thought.

He's torching himself. His love for you and his hate for everyone else is colliding. After all, if he was to kiss you, your life would crumble right under his shaking board. You would have no soul. He was just subconsciously take it right out of your chest and crush it in his cold, skeletal palm. You would then be a lifeless shell of emptiness. That, or you would be forever his and live a life under his eyes.

That is not a life. More like a prison.

When he whispered those three words, he desperately wanted you to here them. If you did, your face would pale, your blood would run cold, and your eyes would spark with immediate fear like always. How could someone like you love a cold monster like him? No one.

That's what he thinks, at least.

Maybe he should stop being a coward and just speak up and say something. Just get the hurt over with so you two could be friends again.

His foot taps repeatedly against the hardwood floor of your living room, deep in thought. Your head pops out from behind the kitchen wall, lips curled into a happy smile.

"Hey, Fresh, why the long face?" You raise a brow, waiting a for a reply.

He turns towards you, flashing an over faked smile. Your eyes narrow, seeing straight through him and his act. Something was on his mind.

"You know, just deep in thought..." He replies, looking away as fast as he looked over.

Your lips curve downwards, a hopeless feeling itching it's way into your already burning heart. You step out of the kitchen, sliding over to Fresh who stared off into space. You touch his shoulder and he jumps, looking at you with a frown.

'I like where this is going...'

Fresh shakes his head, trying to get the evil part of himself to shut up for one second so he could hear himself think. You stare at him with concerned yet loving eyes, making his cheekbones brighten in blue and purple.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem unhappy." You step in front of him, peering into his face with puppy eyes.

He starts to sweat, grabbing at the edge of his shirt and yanking it away from his rib cage. You were really close and don't get him wrong, he liked it, but the closer you got, the more physical contact he wanted. From him, that's not exactly a good thing.

"O-of course!" He gives a nervous chuckle, your suspicions rising by the minute.

He could tell by your pursed lips and furrowed eyebrows that you knew something was up. You could always see through him like nobody else could... mentally of course.

"Then why are you acting nervous?" Your lips tip into a lopsided smirk, making Fresh stutter inaudible replies.

Your eyes wonder over his sweating a trembling figure, hoping he would open up with you some more. Fresh has always been distant, but here lately it's been worse. Extremely worse.

Disapproval shined in your eyes making Fresh sigh, grabbing your wrist and pulling you closer to him. You flush red, looking curious and flustered. He reaches up and takes off his yolo shades, putting them on your head and tucking hair behind your ear. A shy smile creeps it's way onto your face, blush darkening. Fresh takes the time to stare at your features and facial expressions. When you blinked, he instantly felt mesmerized. Your nose would scrunch up every time it itches and your hair pooled perfectly around your face. But the thing he focused on most were your slightly parted lips.

You catch his eyes flickering to your lips, biting the bottom one without thinking. Right now would be the time to confess right? He's never confessed anyone before, but why not give it a shot?

"You want to know why I'm acting nervous?" He mumbles, prying his eyes away from your soft looking lips.

With a tilt of your head, you jester him to go on. His hands start to shake and his blush darkens by the minute. His purple eyes avoided yours, looking anywhere else but you. His hands slyly slide across your waist and press your against his body.

You wanted to pull away and just run, but on the other, you liked where it was going. This is what you've wanted since you first fell in love with him. Don't get cold feet and push him even farther away.

His head dips down and he stops right at your lips, giving a terrified expression. His eyes flicked to your lips a few times, the butterflies building up in your stomach. He knew it was wrong.

It was so wrong.

His desire was getting the best of him... and his greed, selfishness. If he truly loved you then he wouldn't kiss you. Simple as that. But every single one of bones ached and trembled under your touch. He practically melted under your stare. All he wants is to feel your lips. If he wasn't already a skeleton, he would probably die from the anticipation and wait. One kiss leads to destruction but his body craved something.

"I-" He stops, lifting his eyes to yours, his nervous grin twisted into a scared one.

"I really want to kiss you..."

He said it so quietly, hoping you didn't hear him so this could all be forgotten. He didn't want to hurt you. He didn't want to hurt you at all. His selfishness would have to wait.

Your cheeks become a dark crimson and your lips didn't curve into a smile. You just stared with wide eyes, mouth slightly parted, almost dropped.

'Denied like I knew you would be, Fresh.'

His chest tightens at the reaction he got from you, pulling his hands from your waist and backing away mumbling how he was such an idiot. You reach out and gently put a hand on his cheek, running a thumb over the smooth white surface and smiling softly.

His fingers curl up and he blushes intensely due to your hand on his cheek. He almost stumbles back when you lean in, face inches from his.

His eyes shoot all the way open when you laugh under your breath, looking overjoyed. You breath out, lips curled into a shy smile.

"Then kiss me..."