~Chapter 7-Demons~

It took every bit of courage in him.

Telling you, showing you, not hiding it anymore. He wants something more than just being friends. Not even best friends. But if he wants a relationship, honesty needs to be the number one priority. A real relationship can't make it on lies. He knows you don't feel that way about him. He thinks that at least. Yet, when he says something flirty of flattering, your cheeks turn a dark pink.

It was only a matter of the time before you got home from college. He could just teleport over to the school, but he wants to be sincere. He wants to take it seriously unlike everything else.

He just hopes you don't freak out and scream.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

You walk down the hallway at school, head down and eyes glazed over. Ever since that little incident, things haven't been the same... you haven't been the same. Fresh often refused to look you in the eyes and it made you hurt.

One part of you really likes him as a friend. He's funny and tries to lighten the mood when you're upset or angry. Another part of you wants something more but that voice in the back of your head keeps you from saying anything. After all, you two have only known each other for six months. Well, you've known him for six months. He's known you for about a year.

You keep questioning if you really like him or not. Sometimes you think he's just your imagination. You're lonely and have no friends. Your parents have basically disowned you and everyone at college refuses to get near you; so in order to feel some kind of joy, you imagine him. But you know he's real. When he pushes on your shoulder playfully, or when he gives you warm hugs, you know it's real.

He's a skeleton and you're a human. That can't work. He's probably already got someone to cherish, why would he want you?

You want the heartbreak and pain to fade, but it never leaves and always gets worse when you're around him.

It's wrong but feels so right.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

You take out your keys, unlocking your front door and shuffling inside. Your hand moves to the side, swiftly closing the door before throwing your backpack down. The house was oddly quiet. Fresh was usually snoring away on the couch, but this time, he sat up straight, staring off who knows where.

"Uh, hey Fresh." You speak quietly, hoping not to startle him.

His head snaps over to you. His smile was turned upside down into a full blown frown. You immediately noticed something was wrong when you walked through the door. You didn't like it one bit.

"Hey, (Y/n)." He greets back just as quiet.

You shuffle over to the couch, sitting down beside him without a word. He was super tense. His knee bounced up and down repeatedly, signaling he was super nervous. You place your hand on his shoulder, leaning forward to get a look on his face.

"Are you okay?" You ask with concern, earning a small smile from him.

"No, not at all."

He turns towards you, taking your hands in his own, still not looking you in the eyes. You try not to blush, staring down at your intertwined hands. His fingers didn't completely lock with yours because he was hesitant if it would make you feel uncomfortable or not.

"I know you don't know much about me... but I want to change that." He gives a fake smile, making your lips tug downwards.

"You don't have to-"

"But I do. I know almost everything about you but you know almost nothing on me... I want to be more than friends! I want to be best friends, someone I can share my deepest secrets with because I can't with Error and Blue. But I cant be a good friend until I admit everything."

His words strike you in the heart. He wants to be more than friends, but still friends. It's not what you're looking for, but that's as good as it's going to get.

"Ask whatever you want. I'll answer." His head falls, knowing something terrible was going to happen.

You lift up one of your hands, tilting his head up, giving a soft, loving smile.

"I won't judge. I promise." You put your free hand on your heart.

Instead of asking him a question, you take both of your hands and reach up towards his shades. He doesn't move, watching you silently. Your pale fingertips cling to the sides of the black plastic, waiting for permission to pull them off. He gives a small nod, staying quiet. You give an unsure look before pulling them off his face with ease. You set his yolo shades on a coffee table, hoping to not lose them.

Looking back up, time seems to go slow for the both of you. You were actually seeing his eyes. He hid them from you for so long and it tore you apart, but looking into them now, you wish you hadn't.

One eye was just a tiny purple pin-prick, and his other eye was a dark purple upside-down heart. They looked so menacing; evil and corrupted. You felt fear wash over you like a wave. They were beautiful but deadly.

"Y-your eyes-"

"Are horrible." He finishes.

You had no words. They scared the living crap out of you, yet you didn't want to look away. He hid them for so long.

"Why do you hide your eyes?"

He looks to the side, closing his eyes and sighing. You wait patiently, staring at him with curiosity.

"I-..." He tears up, making your eyes become as wide as golf balls.

"I have two sides of myself. One side is the calm and funny one, and the other is the evil, murderous side of me. It's almost like a demon." He hisses, keeping his eyes closed, trying to keep the tears from falling.

You felt horrified but sorry for him. He felt murderous? Has he always been this way?

"I always want to hurt people but never do. I fake the happy side of me because that's all I can do. The thing I'm best at is hiding my demons from everyone and it scares me..."

"My eyes show my demons." His voice shakes. "That's why I hide them."

You swallow all the fear and horror, lunging forward and tackling him into a embrace. Your arms wrap around his neck and his hands slide around your waist, excepting the hug the moment it was given. It didn't matter if he has major angers issues. You liked him for him. It didn't matter.

When he starts crying, you heart sinks down to the ground. He's never cried in front of you. He really has opened up to you.

"I don't care. I still like you for you." You mumble into his shoulder, earning a sob as a reply.

Your lips curl into a small smile, knowing it was only to help you two get closer. You wanted a friend for so long. You got one and he's everything you wanted.

"Don't worry, Fresh. Everyone has their own demons... even me."

----

Who has serious feelings for Fresh?

*sheepishly raises hand*