~Chapter 8-Nightmares~

"Heh, you should've seen it coming, (Y/n). You refused to listen to reason, and yet you stuck around. Did you really love me that much?"

"Wow. It's almost a shame I have to break your bones and take your pretty soul..."

You scream, sitting up from your sleeping position, sweat running down your face. Tear stung at your eyes, lips curling into a upwards so you could cry. You clench the soft fabric of your blanket of your hand, staring down at your lap. Tears dripped from your chin and a soft sob tears passed through your chapped lips.

You wanted to know why these dreams have been so constant. Every night for a week, these dreams; nightmares make you wake up in a cold sweat, screaming for your life. Fresh didn't know about them mainly because you didn't want him worrying. Take your soul? Could he actually do that?

He has tons of secrets... he probably can.

You fling your head back onto your pillow, closing your eyes and trying to go back to sleep, ignoring the dreadful feeling in your gut. No matter how hard you tried to forget Fresh and get some sleep, he always drifted back into your head.

He was like a sick parasite. He always sticks with you wherever you go and never leaves. You rip off the warm blankets covering your body, swinging your feet over the side of the bed. Knowing Fresh, he was probably sleeping on the couch without a care in the world. You creep out of your bedroom, seeing Fresh exactly where you thought he'd be.

You go to take a step forward but your breath hitches. The sudden feeling of fear clouds over your senses just like it always does. Your hand grips onto the door frame, shaking and twitching. Instead of just going over to him, tears fill your eyes once again. Frustration makes you stomp your foot, backtracking into your room and closing the door. Your knees buckle and you hit the floor, leaning your back against the door. You cup your hands up to your mouth, silently crying.

It's not as simple as you thought it would be. You're his friend so you should have no problem going to confront him. But you're also just a weak human under some monster of destruction and manipulation. Of course, you don't know that.

Not yet.

"Hm, you think I have a choice?"

"Well you're right..."

"I just choose to make you miserable."

Your hands clamp over your ears to keep away the recurring nightmares. Daydreams turn into something that makes you want to scream out. You can't think. You suffer.

You suffer, hurt, ache and dread - dread everything that is to come. You just have that feeling that everything is wrong and will continue to get worse.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Fresh stares at the ceiling of your living room, wondering if you would actually come and talk to him about the nightmares. He knows all about them. It's not everyday you're waken up to the sound of a high pitched scream at night.

He sat outside your door one night and listened to you crying and pleading for the nightmares to stop. You would always open your bedroom door and see him on the couch 'sleeping'. You stare for awhile but eventually bust into tears and slam the door closed.

But it's not just you that has never-ending nightmares.

"You really think I would ever love a soulless monster like you?"

"It's quite pitiful if I do say so myself. Why would I ever love a skeleton that has no life? You fake everything, admit it."

"Why don't I just take care of the problem?"

"Don't kill me!"

He thought that being soulless would keep you from hurting, but it actually makes it much worse. There is no comfort. You both want to talk and hug it out but it's not that easy.

And as much as he loves you and wants to help you, he can't. That is something you're going to have to face. He knows you're terrified every time you're around him; and he doesn't blame you for wanting to run away. Guilt bubbles within him because you wouldn't be scared if he hadn't told you anything. And he hasn't even told you the worst parts yet.

You stay around, though.

You tremble and pale whenever he gets near you, yet you want to be close to him. You often hug him, grab his hands and smile nervously, even pull off his shades just to look at his eyes.

You like him a lot and he loves you. It feels so one-sided it aches when you smile at him. Why couldn't he have just killed you when Error wanted it? Now everything is so confusing and he can't fix it... not this time.

"You just don't get it, Fresh!"

"You have no love, but you do have L O V E. . ."

"Hehehe, you have plenty of it. Why not gain some more? I'm standing right here. Go on..."

"Kill me."

Just a simple: "I'll truly tell you everything" would fix everything. The nightmares, the fear of losing someone he loves. He could really hurt you, but he doesn't, wouldn't, couldn't ever do something cruel to you.

Don't you wish life could just fix itself?

"Why can't I just except I'm in love with a monster?"

"Man, this whole love whack is hard... I didn't flippin' know what the heck I was getting into."