~Chapter 11-Commitment~

"Then kiss me..."

He turns his head making you retract your hand. He felt happy for a split second before realizing he couldn't kiss you as much as he wanted to.

"I can't."

He could see the major hurt well up in your eyes. He grinds his teeth knowing he just basically ripped out your heart. You take the shades off your head, putting them down on a nearby table, stepping around Fresh with care.

What words could be said to make this better? No set of words could make this moment any better. None.

"Can I at least know why?" You speak softly, head hanging and hands locked together at your chest.

'Let her know why.'

"I-I..." He struggles with an answer.

He tries to rid the voice in his head but ends up listening to everything it had to say. It made so much sense at the moment.

'She would've found out eventually. Why are you so nervous? We were going to take her soul and kill her anyway.'

'Shut up! You were going to kill her. You're only stuck in my head, telling me these things and I actually believe you. I love her. Something you can't understand.'

'Heh, it seems the more you're around her, the stupider you get. I AM YOU.'

Busy with arguing with himself, he doesn't notice you crying. Your lips quivered and your eyes pooled with tears, some slipping down your cheeks and chin. You hold your hands at your chest, feeling the hard thumping from your heart. The more you felt it beat, the more his words stung. It was like he branded them into your skin. Was it you? Had you done something wrong? Or was he just not into weak humans who cry over every stupid thing?

He said he wanted to kiss you... but he couldn't?

Did he want to pull out your heart, throw it down and stomp all over it? Because that's what it felt like. When he shakes he voice away for a few moments, his eyes rest upon your trembling figure. He could clearly see the crystal clear tears cascading down your cheeks. Your fingers curled with the others, palms pressed together and layed just above where your heart is. A pang of guilt makes him grabs the sides of his head.

"I'm sorry! I really am! But if I kissed you then everything would be different and I can't do that..." He nearly shouts, making your flinch.

"Everything would be different?" Your voice stays soft even if you wanted to raise your voice.

"Yeah, everything would be a complete mess and I wouldn't be able to fix it." He answers bluntly, taking his hands away from his head and lets them hang around his hips.

"So I'm a complete mess? Because that's what you're making it sound like, Fresh!" You shout at the top of your lungs, angry tears stinging at your eyes a second time.

His breath hitches, going back over his words and slapping himself in the face. He made it sound like something was wrong with you. Truth be told, it wasn't you, it was all him. Every single bit.

"No, that's not- I didn't mean-..." He stutters, trying to come up with some kind of substitute words.

You wipe away the tears with the back of your hand only to have more spill. Fresh's eyes shined with sorry but you weren't having it. If you both were going to have a little spat, why not get everything off your chest?

"You've been so distant and it hurts. It really does. I sit in my room and think if it's because of me. What if I'm the one screwing everything up? I'm just some crybaby who can't take care of your herself so why should you stick around?"

You pause, looking into his eyes with your flaming ones, pushing on his chest once even if he didn't move. His stares down at you, shocked at your words and tears that continued to spill from your eyes that shined with hate.

"I actually thought you were different! You keep secrets and lie all the time but I believed in you, but now I know you don't believe in me! Why are you here? Are you scared of commitment? Are you here to tear out my heart and crush it in your hand? Is that what you're here for?!"

Fresh takes your hands away from your hair, sliding his hands up to your wrists and pulling you forward. You try to pull away, not wanting to be touched by him. Not even looked at. He puts a finger under your chin, forcing your head up to meet his.

"Shut up for a second, homie."

He dips his head forward an inch to meet your lips with his teeth. His hands release your wrists and grab your upper arms to pull you closer. His head tips to the side, one of his hands making it to the side of your tear stained and red face. His eyes were closed, enjoying the moment of bliss. Your eyes were wide, so many emotions swirling around in them. He pulls away, opening his eyes to meet yours, only to lean back in a give you another kiss.

You actually kiss back the time, using your free arm to caress the side of his face like he did to you. You had some kind of peace, but the kiss added more worry to your list of suspicions.

"I'm not here to hurt you," he pulls away, wiping away some of your tears with his thumb.

"I just want to protect you like I always have."

He places his forehead to yours, giving a genuine smile, one you haven't seen in ages. It was a scary moment for the both of you. You had never expected to have your first kiss like this. Much less a skeleton. Your heart felt overwhelmed for some reason. It felt... heavy. Like being held by someone.

Fresh felt a burden push down on his shoulder blades. He just took your soul and you didn't even know it. You know belonged to him and only him. Whatever emotions you feel or pain that's inflicted, he'll feel everything. And if he was to damage your soul or hurt you even the slightest bit, pain would only follow.

If he was to lose control then you would surely die. Your life is held in his palm and it scares him. You don't trust him anymore. He doesn't trust himself.

He never has.

'It is done.'