~Chapter 22-Voices~

"Lil' homie if you don't wake up right now I'm going to have to do that whack mouth to mouth shiz, ya dig?!"

You look up and around wondering where Fresh's voice came from. It kind of scared you after your little talk with Nightmare. Though, your heart wanted to believe he was actually worried. Part of you will always love him but now that Nightmare has showed you your fate, it kind of makes you think twice.

"You know, I could help you out..." Nightmare speaks up.

You pry your eyes away from the darkness, looking back over at him with a grim expression. Help you out? Are you serious? He doesn't look like the most caring skeleton. He may be just as evil as Fresh and Error for all you know. But if that guy can read your nightmares and piece something together, he might be worth keeping around.

"How would you do that without Fresh seeing you?"

At that moment, you wake up from your dream. Your eyes snap open and you find yourself laying on solid ground and the sun hurting your eyes. You never thought you would be so glad to have your eyes hurting from light. Your eyes scan to your right and you see Fresh looking completely worried. His hands were locked together with yours and his expression seemed panicked.

"You scared the crap out of me, broski!" He stresses, his hands squeezing your tightly.

"Sorry, Fresh." You apologize even if you weren't sorry.

It was better to know more about Fresh then be completely oblivious even if you still don't know everything. You probably never will.

He stands up from his bent over position and pulls you up with him. He wraps his arms around your waist and pulls you in for a warm hug, his smile bigger than before. You hesitate but slowly wrap your arms around him in return, sinking into his embrace.

"Are you okay?" He asks, pulls back slightly to check you over.

You laugh when his fingers brush under your neck and arms, pushing him away with a small smile. He lets out a sharp breath, feeling okay about the situation. You wouldn't laugh if something was majorly wrong.

"I'm fine you big goofball. I just felt tired all of a sudden."

Fresh crosses his arms looking completely dissatisfied with your answer. What more could this bone head want with you?

"Yeah, fall asleep all of a sudden, why don't you? That's normal."

'I suppose you feel awkward around him know?'

You almost jump out of your skin when a voice echoes through your head. Fresh gives you curious look when you suddenly flinch and grab the side of your head.

'Nightmare?'

'Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!'

You look behind Fresh and in the shadows seeing no sign of your slimy friend. As you wonder around the cave, Fresh silently watches you with a bitter expression.

'You know what's going on?'

'No, you're just being paranoid.'

'Am I? Don't you think it's strange that Nightmare sudden left and (Y/n) passes out, wakes back up acting weird, and then proceeds to look around the cave? Yeah, sure, I'm being paranoid.'

As much as Fresh didn't want to admit it, the voice in his head actually made some sense at the moment. What could Nightmare have possibly done to you? You didn't deserve anything horrible he did to you. Because knowing that guy, be probably wanted to take over your body or something.

"Hey, (Y/n)," he calls out, grabbing your full attention.

"Yes?"

"Come here, please?"

You walk back over to him, chills going up and down at his sudden serious tone. You and Nightmare both had a feeling he knew what was going on. You didn't like keeping secrets from Fresh, but if your life is in danger, then secrets must be kept.

He pulls off his shades and wraps one arm around your waist, pulling you as close as he could. He stares into your eyes, almost glaring at how scary he looked. You gulp, trying not to dart your eyes away from his. He pulls away, still not looking completely convinced.

'You're imagining things. She's not possessed, stupid.'

'... for now.'

You rub the back of your neck, cheeks starting to burn and fingers starting to twitch. You sudden have a sharp pain run through your head, your eyes squinting to make the pain dull.

'Stop looking so scared. He'll catch on, ya twit.'

'Shut up, Nightmare. Nobody likes you.'

'Whatever, kiddo.'

Now the two of you have voices in your heads, and they're aren't good. But you and Fresh aren't so good yourselves. He's killed thousands, you've killed your own family. Though, your parents had it coming in your opinion.

Life just got a bit more interesting. Now is it a good interesting or a bad interesting? Well, in all honesty, probably a bad interesting.

----

WE HAVE A SITUATION.

I'M RUNNING OUT OF FRESH PHOTOS!

I REPEAT-

I'M RUNNING OUT OF FRESH PHOTOS!