~Chapter 20-Dark~

Everything was so peaceful.

Well, for Fresh it was. You take your arm away from your eyes, sun shining down on you. You squint, sitting up and rubbing your eyes. Fresh snores letting you know he had fallen asleep in the few minutes you two were relaxing.

Something felt off about the space around you all of a sudden. It was like you could reach out your hand and feel the darkness around you even if there was sunlight shining right down on you. How could one peaceful moment be ruined with paranoia? Now you felt scared to move around too much.

You're eyes are covered by a hand and you're yanked back, a squeak passing through your lips. When you're pulled into Fresh's chest, you immediately relax. You grab his hand and pry it away from your eyes, looking up to him with knitted eyebrows and pursed lips.

"Fresh, what are you doing?" You mumble after he puts a hand over your mouth.

He doesn't answer back, scanning the area with a twist of his head. He seemed a little on edge and that made you feel a little sick. Man, you've just fallen into the underground and now things are already after you?

Fresh's grip tightens around your waist and he pulls you closer. He spots something move out of the corner of his eye, jaw clenching. At that moment, he knew actually who was making him feel all fuzzy with anger. He hadn't seen this Sans in years due to Error hating him so much. Wonder why he just decided to show up at this very moment.

"(Y/n), I think I have an old friend visiting." He leans down by your ear and whispers, still watching the area with quick eyes.

You stiffen when Fresh releases his hold on you, standing up from the patch of buttercups and walking away from the spot of sunlight and over to the dark corner. You start to freak, grabbing the sides of your head and biting your tongue.

"Heh, what's up Fresh?"

You cover your ears, squeezing your eyes shut and trying to block out the voice ringing through the cave walls. It was so dark sounding that you couldn't help but feel violated by it. Fresh wanted to do the same but decided that wouldn't be the smartest plan of action.

"Yo, dawg! I haven't seen you in soooo many flipping years. What has my slimy brotha from another motha been up to?" Fresh sets his hands on his hips, smiling at the dark corner.

You watch Fresh with shining eyes that were filled with horror, wondering why he was so dang calm about the situation. Wasn't he scared? Well, no, he wasn't. Not at all. In all reality, he's probably stronger than his little friend he hasn't seen in forever.

"Oh, you know, trying to keep Error away from you and all that crap." Fresh's friend replies.

You release the hold on your ears, getting used to this guys voice. The more you heard and listened to it, the better it got. Maybe you were just a little too frightened the first time.

"What about Error?"

A dark chuckle rings through your ears, a small growl bubbling up your throat. Fresh's eyes flicker over to you for a second before looking back at his friend.

"You haven't heard? Because every AU now knows that Error is out to kill you."

Pushing yourself up from sitting, you scurry over to Fresh and his friend, curious to why Error would be after Fresh in the first place. Their brothers, how bad could it actually be?

"I didn't do anything... what does he want to kill me for? And why are you helping me?"

You hide behind Fresh when two eyes peep out from the darkness of the corner. It was like some kind of horror movie. Fresh didn't seemed fazed in the slightest. He was actually pretty chill about it, which, he is always pretty chill about almost everything.

That's when his little friend steps out from the darkness, a hand slapping over your mouth as you dunk behind Fresh. Fresh's friend was covered in black goop, which seemed to drip off him only for more to sweat back onto his body. Oh, and hey, he was also another Sans. Tentacles thrusted from his back and also dropped black goop. His smile made you want to throw up and just run.

Not that you could get away, but you really didn't like this guy. Come on, you just got down in the underground, but if this is how it's going to be, then you're going back up to the surface. You did not sign up for this kind of thing.

Let's just say... he looked like a full on nightmare.

"So I can't just help a bro out? Wow, you really don't trust me?"

Fresh huffs, clearly dissatisfied with his friends tone and eyes staring at you at all times. Let's just say he felt a little protective over you. And why shouldn't he be? This guy has killed hundreds, no, thousands of monsters for his pleasure.

Why was Fresh even friends with this guy? Maybe his brother had him on some kind of really tough leash? Pray to Toby he does.

"You know, I want to trust you, but somehow I'm having a hard time doing that." Fresh crosses his arms making you let out a small 'ohhhhh'.

"Now what do you really want, Nightmare?"

You put a clammy palm to your forehead, biting your tongue so hard it starts to bleed. This guys name was nightmare... and he looks like a nightmare. Wonder if he's been the reason of your nightmares about Fresh?

Nightmare tips his head to the side and gives a smirk at Fresh who looked done with all the crap and attitude.

"I need your little friend for something."

You stand up straight from your slumped over position, eyes glazing over with girl power called sass. Fresh gulps, pushing up his shades and trying to slip away. You catch his wrist and pull him back, still glaring at Nightmare.

"You have got to be FREAKING kidding me!" You yell, throwing up your hands and doing a little spin.

"I just got down here, dangit!!!"