~Chapter 25-Concern~

"Hey, b-broski, don't trust-"

'No. Leave her be. Let her learn on her own, Fresh.'

You clamp your hands over your ears, trying to block out the shrill laughing of the person, or flower, engaging you into battle.

"Oh, I guess little ol' me will have to do!" The flower, Flowey, gives a chilling smile.

No matter how nice you tried to be, something about this little guy made you feel uncomfortable. Fresh was out of the picture. He didn't have a soul, therefore, he couldn't be engaged into battle unless he starts it. He stands off to the side, sweating in nervousness at you going at this by yourself.

Little white pellets spawn above Flowey, his black eyes darkening slightly before going back to his goody two-shoes act. Nightmare kept quiet, watching from your eyes and pretending like nothing was going to happen.

"Try to get as many as you can!" Flowey cheers, throwing the pellets at you.

You narrow your eyes, moving to the side and avoid the pellets. Flowey seems to grow aggravated, his smile faltering into a nasty scowl before returning not a second later. How stupid did he think you are?

"Hey buddy, you're supposed to catch them. Here, try again." Flowey throws some more. This time, more forcefully.

You dodge once again, a smirk playing on your lips as Flowey gives a severely bitter expression.

"Run into the bullets!" He shouts, nearly taking your head off by throwing more.

You clasp your hands over your floating soul, bringing to close to your chest and turning away, hoping Flowey would never get anywhere near it again. Flowey gives a dark chuckle, lips curling into an irritated smile.

"You know what's going on here, don't you?"

You purse your lips, letting go of your beating soul and keeping it behind your back, an innocent smile clawing up your face.

"Down here, it's kill or be killed." Flowey states calmly.

You raise a brow, waiting for some kind of blow. When nothing comes, you assume that he had changed his mind of killing you. Boy, were you wrong.

Opening your mouth to snap at him, a sharp pain makes you gasp and clutch your chest, falling down to the bottom of the box you were stuck in. When you hit the bottom, you catch a glimpse of Flowey throwing pellets or bullets at your poor soul. You flinch in pain at the bullets hitting your soul repeatedly, HP going down little by little. Fresh watches without a word, tugging at his shirt and biting at his hat.

When your finally down to 1 HP after so much pain from the bullets hitting your heart, Flowey gives another shrill laugh, looking down at you with fake pitiful eyes.

"Oh, look at you! So weak, so defenseless." He swoons over your agony, his smile making you want to vomit.

"Welp, sorry you had to learn the hard way, Freak!"

Before you can reply, the last bullet hits your beaming and bright soul. Blood pours over your lips and down your chin as your soul shakes and bursts into little pieces.

[CONTINUE] [RESET]

You look down at your choices, still a little shaken up from being killed on day one. Out of all people, why you? You reach out to the continue button, ready to fight the demon flower once more. And this time, you planned on winning. Just as your fingertips touch the continue button, a low voice calls out to you.

"Hey, you got beaten up pretty good, kid. You okay?"

You quickly retract your hand from the orange button, spinning around to see the person or monster talking to you. Your eyes are instantly hit with the colors of white and red. With a bite of your lip and a twist of your heel, you give a slight nod.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Nice to meet you...?"

"Geno."

Yet again, another Sans comes to your rescue. Except, this one, it seemed different from all the others you've met. Sure, Fresh is really different; so different he hurts your eyes. But this one? He was sad looking, almost that: "I'm done with life" attitude.

"Well Geno, why are you here? Let me guess, trying to warn me about Fresh?"

He rolls his shoulder-blades into a shrug, not once taking his hands out of his white pockets. You wouldn't move much either if you had a huge, bloody slash across your chest.

"How'd you know?" He asks, his lifeless pin-pricks looking over your face for any signs of lies.

"Nightmare... Nightmare got to me first, I guess."

After a long, awkward silence between the two of you, you finally gather up enough courage to ask a question to your new bloody friend.

"Why are you guys helping me?"

He keeps quiet, keeping his head down and pin-pricks fixed on his dirty white slippers. You sigh, turning back around and reaching out towards your continue button.

"Lets just say that you have a protector of some sort."

You chuckle, hearing Nightmare scoff ring through your head at Geno's reply.

"Well, tell them I said thanks. And hey, I'll see you later." You gives a small wave, pressing your continue button.

As you fade away, Geno clenches his fists, shaking his head. He liked you for sure. Not in a romantic way, but more like a big brother way like Blue. Too bad you were stuck with Fresh.

No wonder Blue liked you so much. He understood now.

"You would be so much better off without him, kiddo..."