~Chapter 16-Excited~

So you thought about it.

Sadly, you wanted to jump down that hole. He made it seem so convincing and you wanted to get away more than anything. But one question kept running through your head: "Won't I die when I hit the bottom?" In order to know that, you need some answers.

"Fresh!" You scream, knowing you'll scare the living crap out of him.

He comes running into the room in the pose of spongegar, arms spread and feet apart. His chest heaved and flames sparked from underneath his yolo shades.

"Are you alright, lil' homie?!" He panics, looking over to see you laughing under your breath.

"I'm fine, Fresh." Your lips tighten trying to muffle laughs.

He sighs, standing up straight before racing over and flicking you on the forehead, pinching your cheeks immediately after. You wince as he continues to squeeze the redden skin on your face. He finally lets go, crossing his arms and pulling up his glasses just enough so you could see his heart eye blaring with purple flames.

"Dude, not cool! I thought you were hurt." He stressed, letting his shades fall back down in the proper place.

"Sorry, but I've made a decision!" You uncross his arms and grabbing his hands.

His head tilts back and his smile falters, seeming unsure of the news you were about to give him. You notice the air get thicker, a roll of your eyes to ease the tense atmosphere.

"I've been thinking about the thing you mentioned the other day-"

"Wait, really?!" He cuts you off, peering into your face with his smile back in tact.

"Yeah, I have. Maybe I want to jump down..." You mumble, taking one of your hands from his and nervously rubbing the back of your neck.

"Then why do you seem so unsure?" He questions with the tilt of his head.

"Well for one, I kind of don't want to die when I hit the bottom!" You let go of his hands completely, starting to pace around your bedroom with twitching hands.

He watches you have a heart attack, a hand going to his forehead. You continue to pace in nervousness before he grabs your hand and spins you around to face him once more.

"For one, you need to take a major chill pill, brah! Now, let me friggity fraggity finish, dawg." He puts a finger to your lips before you can say anything.

Your eyes narrow in unsureness, but you trust him enough to shut up enough for him to finish.

"You can't die down there. Well... you can but things are complicated! You'll hit a patch of flowers. I'm not lying to you." He continues to ramble.

You huff, putting a finger to his teeth, shutting him up the exact way he made you quiet down. He lets his hand fall by his side so you can speak.

"I trust you. I mean, the last time I trusted you didn't go very well, but this time I really do. Just... as long as your brother isn't there, I'm a-okay!" You give a comforting smile, taking finger away from his teeth.

He stays silent, just staring at you without anything being said. You start to feel uncomfortable under his acid like eyes, hands becoming clammy.

"Sorry if I was too rude-"

He grabs both sides of your face and presses his teeth to your lips in a attempt to kiss. All the extreme tension seemed to melt away after his sweet yet oddly terrifying act. And honestly, he hasn't kissed you since that day he took your soul for his own. You two aren't exactly a thing, but you two aren't just friends either. A complicated relationship. Maybe it feels too awkward to kiss you after what happened last time.

"You're right." He mumbles, pulling away.

Your lips purse and eyebrows knit together, wondering why he hadn't snapped at you yet. He just smiles, letting go of your face and stuffing his hands into his neon green hoodie pockets.

"You shouldn't have trusted me then. Taking you there was a big mistake, but I promise you this time... you have to really trust me."

You pat his face like a child, a kiddy chuckle bubbling up your throat. He raises a eyebrow at you, a concerned smile wiping itself across his cheekbones.

"I already said I did, Fresh!"

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Okay? I'm great! I finally get to leave the retched world I call a home! I'll be somewhere completely different and I'll be free." You give a dreamy sigh, clasping your hands together.

"Yeah... free." He gives a sad chuckle, rubbing his aching knuckles with his thumbs.

"Anyway, we can leave whenever you want." He turns his head, not able to look at how happy you looked.

"Tomorrow?" You gasp, eyes gleaming with glee.

He forces himself to smile for your sake, nodding his head slightly.

"Heh... sure, lil' homie."

You cheer, running up embrace him with all the love you have, wrapping your slender arms around his waist and squeezing gently. He stands there, looking down at the floor, teeth clenching together. He shakes away all of the despairing thoughts, happily hugging you in return.

"But, uh, can we do one thing before we leave?" You ask, looking up at him with mischief filled eyes.

"And what would that be?"

You give a dark smile, eyelids dropping, and fingers curling around the fabric of his hoodie. Your dark smile turns into one of innocence making Fresh tip his head at your weird behavior.

"I want to visit my parents."