~Chapter 15-Nice~

It was like any other day.

The birds were singing, waking you from your slumber. The flowers outside made you want to pull out your hair. Honestly, the sun wasn't helping you either.

You slouch down in your chair at the table, shoving a spoonful of cereal through your chapped lips. You raise a hand and scratch your scalp, glaring at the window that let in a tiny amount of sunlight. You set down your silver colored spoon, rubbing your eyes. Your fingers retract making all kinds of pink and white spots to dance across your vision. How wonderful.

You finish up your soggy breakfast, standing up from the table without out a care. Your chair screeches when you stand from the table, left foot stepping in front of the right as you shuffle over to the sink. You set down your bowl, turning on the sink so water would fill the round piece of glass. Watching the water fog up with left over milk, a unreadable expression crosses your features.

"BOO!"

You shriek, almost jumping out of your skin. You spin around and come face to face with Fresh who just grinned. You angrily flip up his red and yellow hat, eyes scanning over him with fire.

"Wiggity wiggity what up, (Y/n)?" His grin grows at your arms being crossed in front of your chest.

"I hate you sometimes." You purse your lips, poking his chest harshly.

"Naw, you think I'm too dope for that, broski!" He grabs your hand, tearing it away from his chest.

Your eyes narrow only for a small smile to replace the frown on your face. No matter how hard you tried, his toothy grin would always bring a smile to your face. Though, sometimes he did hurt your eyes with all of his colors, bringing a cringing smile across your lips.

"So what do you want? You never just come up and scare me." You flick his forehead with your index finger, turning around and turning your attention to the pile of dishes in the sink.

He sits down on the edge of the table, hands clamping onto the splintery end of the wooden surface. He hooks one leg around the other, tipping his head and watching you clean the glass dishes.

"I have no flipping clue, bro! I just feel all fresh-tastic on this radical day."

You shake your head at his words, laughing under your breath as you dry a wet plate under your already pruning fingers.

"Hm. Today hardly seems 'radical'." You turn back to him, leaning against the counter and sighing.

He stays quiet, letting you continue. You would even if he didn't want you to. You needed to get stuff off your chest, so who else would you go to?

"I'm just really stressed out. Between school, work, and not much sleep, I'm super close to going insane. I will literally take a baseball bat and bash in my bosses head... along with everyone at the college campus." You stomp your foot lightly, huffing like a five year old.

"Seems like you need to take a chill pill for a bit!" He points out the obvious.

"I would if I could..." You let your head fall slightly, eyes closing with a dissatisfied groan.

Fresh taps his chin, looking over at the front door. You could tell by him getting suddenly quiet that something was going through his head. It's not very often that Fresh actually stays quiet. Let's just say the guy will talk your ears off at some times.

"You know... there is a legend about a hole on Mount Ebott." He snaps his sharp gaze back over to you.

"So?"

"You should jump down it!" He clenches his fists, getting all giddy.

You put a hand to your forehead, wanting to just stab yourself and get it over and done with. Jump down a random hole on a mountain not too far from here? No thanks.

"Fresh, not trying to be mean, but no way am I doing that."

"Why not, dawg?! I mean, it sounds kind of stupid, but trust me! You'd be a lot happier." He hops down from the table.

"Ehhh... dead? I would be happier dead? Wow, Fresh." You glare, turning back to the almost overflowing sink.

"That not what I'm saying!" He grabs your shoulders, spinning you around to face him.

You didn't like the fact he was being so serious about this. Does he really want you to jump down a deep, dark hole? Doesn't he know that kills people? Apparently not.

"There is a whole other world down there. Monsters like me! I'm sure they would like you. Plus, no more school, work, or crummy people to deal with." He smirks, giving your shoulders a comforting squeeze.

You stay quiet, staring at the wall behind Fresh, teeth slightly grinding. Your nails dig into the skin of your palm, uneasy breaths passing through your teeth.

"Fresh I-"

He puts a finger to your lips, leaning down and kissing your scrunched up nose.

"Think about it. I'm not lying to you." He takes his finger off your lip and hand off your shoulder.

He backs away, shoving his hands inside his neon green hoodie pockets and scurrying into the living room. You watch him leave, a hand raking through your bed head hair. Your lips curl into a confused line, eyebrows scrunching together.

He's just trying to help. After all, he has to look out after you now. He just sounds so serious. If he's kept you alive for this long, why couldn't it hurt to think about it?

After all, no school, work, or bullies sound really nice.

"A little too nice..."