~Chapter 23-Protective~

I don't usually do this before my chapters, but I need to clarify some things before we start.

Everyone has their own opinion, right? This chapter, I'm not trying to shove every ship I find an OTP down your throat. Look, some people sent me some really rude messages the last time I mentioned anything about Error x Blueberry.

My feelings were hurt, I apologized for something I wasn't sorry for, and I moved on. But now, my sister requested a background story for Error and Blue. Please, I'm begging you, don't be mean or hurtful this time.

I love Errorberry! It's one of my favorite OTP's. I know not all of you will like it. But for my sake, if you can't look through the romance of these two, then leave this book or continue reading for the plot and enjoy it. Like my mom said: "Don't be afraid to make the book you want. It's your book."

I'm sorry to inconvenience you in any way. I love all of my readers and I want all of you to love me and my book. But if you don't like it, then leave and don't gripe about that you dislike or even hate.

Now that I've got my point across (without trying to be rude), I'd like to get this chapter on a roll!

----
His pureness was so fun to toy with. Fresh couldn't help but love how he could hurt little Blue and be instantly forgiven.

Of course, Fresh never wanted to hurt Blueberry. The voice in his head did. Actually, Blue was one of his friends. No matter how cruel, selfish, or tormented Fresh was, Blue was always there to be supportive.

Once in every few blue moons, the voice in Fresh's head decides it has had enough. They try to convince the 90's loving skeleton that LV. is the only way. Violence can get your farther than love ever can. Friendship? They thought that you didn't need friends. Fresh already has him, and if Fresh was to give way a little bit more, life might just get a little better. So, taking matters into their own hands, they take over Fresh's body when they can. If Fresh slips up and losing focus, they flip a switch and they're in control.

Now, everyone has to have some sort of name. He doesn't exactly have a name, per-say. But he does know that Fresh calls him stupid names all the time. So with no other options then what Fresh has given him, he goes by the name Unfresh.

"S-stop! Please stop!"

Unfresh leans to the side, his sharpened smile inching into a full on sadistic grin. His hands travel up and over Blue's ribs and spine. Blue was already bleeding from the mouth, the back of his skull cracked, and now fear practically pouring from between his teeth. His red eyes shined bright and his shades, instead of saying: "yolo" now said: "edge".

Blue knew it wasn't Fresh, but he had a feeling that his fun friend was still inside his body that is currently taken over.

"Stop? Why, aren't you enjoying this? Normally, if Error were here, you'd enjoy it, wouldn't you? What's the difference between me and him? Hmm? I'm just as evil, soulless, and selfish as he is."

Grabbing onto one of Blue's ribs, Unfresh let's out a breathy laugh. He lightly pulls on the rib and Blue's already fearful expression turns into one of pure and utter horror.

"Kid, you're way out of your league. Might as well give up."

"You don't have t-to do this! Please! F-Fresh, I know you're in there." Blue pleads for his friend to come back just in time.

Fresh, floating in his own mind, helpless and upset, watches in silence as one of the only monsters that like him get beaten to death. His purple pin-prick and heart shaped eye scan over the bloody mess, one of his skeletal hands going up and grabbing the place where his heart would be. If he had one, that is. Tears brimming at the bottom of his eye sockets, he turns his head away, not able to look anymore. No matter how hard he would try, if Unfresh makes up his mind about something, then he's going to do it.

Unfresh smiles in victory, knowing he's won this round. He just gives Blue a smile and jerks his hand back, pulling Blue's rib along with it. Fresh balls his hands into fists and starts to shake at hearing Blue's screams and shouting.

"Heh, thanks for letting me have fun."

Unfresh gives a wink to Blue who is now seething in pain, bright blue tears making their way down his white cheekbones. His arms covered up up broken rib, his stary pin-pricks vibrating violently.

Dropping the broken off rib from his hand, Unfresh snaps his fingers and opens a portal straight back to your house.

"H-hey," Blue calls out.

Unfresh pulls his attention back to Blue, his smile tipping into an unreadable expression as Blue painfully stands up. Blue looks up with red pin-pricks, an angered smile making its way to his face.

"Y-you don't lay a finger on that h-human. H-hurt her, and I will kill you."

Unfresh grabs ahold onto the edge of the portal opening, stepping a foot inside without looking away from Blue the whole time.

"I don't have to lay a finger on her, nor do I have to hurt her. Fresh will do that himself."

With a mocking laugh, Unfresh steps through the portal completely and snaps his fingers once more, closing the portal without another glance at Blue.

Blue drops to his knees, eyes wide and body trembling from large amounts of pain. He felt bad for Fresh and what he has to live with every single day. He can't imagine having someone inside his head; having it filled with lies and hurtful ways.

With his last amount of energy he has, Blue clenches his bloodied gloved hands and screams for help.

"Error!"

After his desperate cry for help, he goes limp and falls to the white floor of the anti-void, tears continually streaming down his cheeks.

His eyes close but his mind was steadily at work. He meant every word he said. Even if he hadn't known you for too long, Blue felt like some sort of brother to you. He liked you the moment Fresh introduced the two of you. Of course, that was a long time ago. That was back when Error still hated Blue with everything he had. Now, not so much.

But still, he felt protective of you. You were the first human he's ever seen, and my, he thought you were the prettiest one ever. If Unfresh is to ever lay a finger on you, he surely would kill him. As much as his good-natured heart didn't want to, he cared for you more than he ever thought he could.

With the help of Error, Ink, Geno, Dream, and Nightmare, he would be able to keep an eye on you. And as much as Error and Nightmare hate each other, they would have to put that on hold until Fresh is taken care of in some kind of way. He'll let you two be for now, but there will be a day where more blood will be spilled.

Giving a pained chuckle to himself, a saddened smile crosses Blue's features.

"I promise you'll be okay, human (Y/n)."