~Chapter 12-Idiot~

Fresh stares out of your bedroom window from behind his shades. He puts a hand on the window feeling the crisp cold.

It was the start of winter, so, naturally, the windows would start to fog up and become cold due to the freezing air outside. He tips his head away from the chilled window, looking over to you who layed in your bed, sleeping quietly. You huddled up in a little ball trying to keep warm. Fresh's eyes soften, a small smile grazing across his face.

You looked so peaceful, like nothing could bring you down at that very moment. It crushed him. He looks down at his feet, flinching at his bloodlusted thoughts. Thinking back at that kiss, it was so nice in the moment. The two of your worried about nothing except each other. When he pulled away, everything came tumbling down on top of him and he couldn't escape.

You couldn't escape.

He whips his hand up and down, a soul appearing above his shaking palm. It was your favorite color and it pulsed brightly. He stares at it, completely in awe of how pretty it looked to him. Out of all of the souls he's collected and stolen, yours was by far the most beautiful one. He loved the shine, the constant beating above his hand. Light surrounded it like a thick blanket and it could be mistaken for the sun if held high enough.To think... this belonged to him now.

Turning it over to the other side, he notices a dark spot, about to drip some kind of black goo. He pokes it with his finger, regret filling the most inner parts of his mind. That dark spot was your hate, the thing that fueled your fire and the need to scream and shout.

He looks back over at you, waving his hand so your soul would disappear. He steps over to the side of the bed your sleeping on, sitting down carefully, hoping not to wake you. He grabs your hand, lifting it up to his face where he kisses your fingertips as a sorry apology. A few simple kisses couldn't fix this. Nothing could fix this.

"I'm sorry little buddy, but I'm a unradical jerk who practically tore your life apart." He whispers, squeezing your hand, trying to get some kind of comfort.

"I love you... please just don't think of me differently when the truth slips out. I'm horrible and you just don't know how bad it really is."

He lets go of your hand, placing it back down on the bed. He gets off the bed and makes his way over to the door, trying to be as quiet as possible. When he grabs hold of the door knob, his feels a crack in his ribs, a pain of unbearable agony. He didn't actually break a rib, more like his mind was so confused he believed the pain is real when it's not. An illusion, nothing more.

He swings open the door and walks out without another word being said. When the door clicks shut, your eyes snap open.

You shuffle the top half of your body up, rubbing the sleep from your half lidded eyes. Your glazed over orbs scan down to your fingertips, a heavy blush spreading across your face. You could still fill the light kisses he pressed against your fingers. It made you get millions of butterflies. And he loved you? That was the first time anyone had said that to you.

When he grabbed your hand, you started to wake up, not fully, but you could still here his voice clearly. It made your blood run cold at hearing his words about how horrible he was. Though, you already knew that. He is horrible. He takes innocent souls and uses them for power. He's just as bad as his half brother who hangs people from a white ceiling and tortures them for fun. You couldn't help but love him even more. He's coming out to you... slowly but surely. That's all you want.

You sigh, redirecting your eyes over to the closed door. You knew Fresh was probably laying on your couch, sweating and thinking about how terrible he is. A sad smile strains across your face, eyes gleaming with unreadable emotions.

You bring up the hand he kissed to your chest, fingers clenching onto the fabric of your shirt. You give a breathy laugh, closing your eyes and shaking your head at his stupidity.

"I love you too, idiot."