~Chapter 4-Trust~

If was early in the morning. Saturday was your day to relax and not have to worry about homework. You would do homework on Sunday.

Your arm hangs off the side of the bed as you sleep soundly. Your window let in the perfect amount of light to wake a person up.

Who am I kidding? Light is evil.

Your alarm clocks goes ringing and you peek open one eye, glaring at the piece of machinery. You whack it off the night stand and it goes tumbling to the hardwood floor, shutting up and staying quiet. You let out a breath of relief, closing back your eye and snuggling into the pillows.

As you start to fall asleep, a tap on your shoulder makes you hiss quietly. You knew it was Fresh, but you didn't care. Sleep was all that mattered to you at the moment.

"Yo, wake up home dawg!"

You open yours eyes tiredly, sending a glare so harsh he could've dropped dead if he wasn't already a skeleton. He had that same cheeky smile stretched across his boney face. You grown, pulling a blanket over your head.

"Fresh... go away. I want to sleep, thank you." You mumble into your pillow, not caring if he answered you or not.

"Don't you want to see my other friend?" He pipes up, serious this time.

You yank the blanket off your head, still glaring at him, but less intense. He just raises one of his eyebrows, tapping his foot while his arms were crossed.

"Why does it have to be so early, though?" You whine.

"Because... I have a family member out for the day and my friend isn't allowed to meet anybody. I'm basically sneaking you in to see him."

You sigh deeply, sitting the top half of your body up, rubbing your eyes while yawning. Your eyes go slightly wide at seeing his shades say: "Cute"

He notices your curious yet flattered expression, realizing his shades changed with his mood again. Turning to the door, he doesn't bother to look back at you.

"Uhm, I'll be waiting downstairs..." He mumbles awkwardly, closing your bedroom door.

You feel heat pool onto your cheeks, your lips curling into a small, embarrassed smile. Your hand tucks away the hair covering your face. Time to start the day.

You haul yourself out of the bed, stretching as you make your way to the bathroom.

"Why couldn't I just sleep in today?"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

You slump down the hallway and over to the living room, seeing Fresh chilling on the couch. You barely had enough energy to get ready this morning. Now you had to go somewhere you've never been.

How fun.

"I'm here. Let's go." You blink slowly, tired of today already.

"Let's get this rad show going!" He hops off the couch, rubbing his hands together.

"But, uh, just don't freak out..."

You raise a brow, knowing whatever he was going to do was going to freak you out. I mean, you should be used to it. He randomly showed up in your house, can disappear and reappear in thin air, and has a dark history that he refuses to tell you about. Yet, you aren't.

He gives a nervous smile before snapping his skeletal fingers. When nothing happens, your 'really?' face comes into the mix. He holds out his hand, telling you to wait. After a few more seconds of extremely awkward silence, a loud ripping noise makes you almost jump out of your skin.

Upon seeing the huge rift in the middle of your living room, your hands fly up to the ceiling and you back away.

"Nope!"

Fresh chuckles at your reaction, but quickly realizes you slowly making your way back to the bedroom.

"I'm going back to bed!" You twist around, speeding walking towards the hallway and bedroom.

He catches up with you and grabs your hand pulling you back over. Your feet skid across the floor as he pulls you back over.

"I promise nothing is going to happen!" He tries to calm you down.

Your eyes dart towards the bedroom and rift, the feeling of being panicked kicking in.

"Fresh, I'm your friend and I always will be, but I am not going in that thing!" You make a run for it but he grabs the back of your shirt and pulls you back.

"Dude, chillax. It's not that bad."

"Well excuse me for being a little panicked!" You latch onto his arm, refusing to step inside.

He smiles down at you, taking off his red and yellow hat, placing it on your head. You give him a confused expression.

"When we jump inside, don't look. Just keep the hat down and it'll be over in no time." He flips his hat over your eyes.

You start to shake, hands clenching into fists. He gives you a warm hug, making you feel somewhat calm but somewhat giddy.

"Just trust me, okay?"

You peep up from under his hat, looking at him with worry filled eyes. He only smiled warmly, catching you off guard. He's always funny and never really takes anything serious unless the situation is tense. He's never given you this kind of smile before. It felt nice.

You purse your lips, giving a small nod and pulling the hat back down over your eyes, squeezing them closed. He laces his cold fingers with your warm ones, hoping to make you feel better.

"Okay, Fresh..."

"I trust you."