~Chapter 5-Heartstrings~

You had never felt so much dread and fear in your whole life.

It's okay to be scared about some things. Life in general is something most people are scared of. But it isn't fear.

Standing in a never-ending, blinding white space makes you feel somewhat sick. Horror clouds over your mind and you immediately feel trapped. There is no color. How could someone live in a place like this? No wonder Fresh wanted to be with you twenty four seven.

It's bad enough that you have to step through a rift, but actually stepping on the other side is a whole other thing.

Fresh takes his hat back, adjusting it over his head until in was perfect. You turn a pasty white at seeing another living being sitting not too far away. How many had to suffer here? Fresh quickly notices your fright, giving your hand he was holding a squeeze. He expected a way worse reaction from you.

In his opinion, it was going well.

"Yo B, I'm back!" Fresh calls out.

You cling to the funky skeleton, eyes darting to the ceiling. Fresh covers your eyes, not wanting you to see the mass amount of stitches dolls hanging from the ceiling by blue strings. Not to mention the glowing heart in the dead center of it all; and there was space for a bunch more.

"You're back!" You hear a deep voice like Fresh's cheer.

Fresh leans down to your ear making your cheeks bloom with a pink color.

"Don't look up at the ceiling..." He warns, taking his skeletal hand away from your eyes.

Instead of looking at the ceiling like you wanted to, your eyes land on the figure. They come running up, making you choke on words, pounding your chest to help you get the words out. A small, excited skeleton comes running up, almost bouncing off the nonexistent walls. He was Fresh... but completely different. You hide behind Fresh, knowing that he was the only one you could trust.

"How did your visit go?!"

"It was so dope, dawg! Actually, I brought back my lil' homie!"

Fresh backs off to the side, pushing you towards the huge grinning skeleton. You turn beet red, glaring over at Fresh who shrugged. Upon closer inspection, you realize this jumpy skeleton in front of you wasn't so bad. His stary eyes sparkled and got even bigger at seeing you give a small, shy smile. The blue bandana around his neck was all torn and dirty at the tips. He was so adorable unlike Fresh who hurt your eyes at some times.

"Hello, Human! I'm the magnificent Sans, but you can call me Blueberry!" He points to himself with his thumb, smiling so wide you thought his cheekbones would crack and crumble.

You hold out your hand, shaking from your social anxiety and nervousness. He gladly excepts, grabbing your hand and nearly shaking off your arm.

"I'm (Y/n)..." You pull your hand away, tucking it away so he couldn't shake it off again.

"Fresh has told me a lot about you!" He chirps, looking over at Fresh who looked content with how you were handling things.

"He hasn't told me much about you," You answer bluntly, making him blink.

"Oh..." He looks down, looking hurt.

"Oh well! That means I, the magnificent Sans, can tell you about myself!" His smile returns, making you tilt your head.

He just switched emotions so fast. That's so unusual.

Fresh wraps an arm around your shoulder, making you flinch. He gives you one of his famous fresh smiles, making you grumble. He acts cool about everything. So unfair. You go to ask something, but Blue topples over, clutching his chest in pain. Fresh quietly curses, watching as Blue yells out in agony, ripping and clawing at where his heart would be.

His heart...

The realization kicks in and your head jerks up, staring over at the light blue heart that is currently being squeezed by the blue strings. Blue passes out from the tremendous pain, landing on the white floor which a gut churning thump. Your heart jumps to your throat seeing another rift open; only this time, it was much larger, had tons of pixels glitching around it, and sounded like ripping flesh as it kept opening. Fresh whips his head back to you, shades sliding down his face at the quick action. He grabs your arm and pulls you back behind him, standing over Blue's body protectively.

You peek over Fresh's shoulder, blood going cold at hearing a horrific, glitched laugh echo through the never-ending white. Hands grip onto the sides of open air, pulling another skeleton from the rift. They land on the ground with a clang, the rift closing with a loud crack after. It was obviously another different version of Fresh, which made you wonder why there were so many. His eyes twitched, arms jerked, head snapped to the side, and hands clenching and shaking.

Fresh was so tense you could mistake him from a solid brick wall. He would look up at Blue's soul, hoping this new skeleton wouldn't notice.

"I shouldn't have brought you here." Fresh mumbles, looking back at you with a panicked yet furious expression.

The black and red colored skeleton straightens out his crooked and almost deformed body, yellow smile widening. You dunk down behind Fresh, not wanting to look at the deformed skeleton any longer. It was a mistake coming here.

Fresh wanted trust. You gave him all you have... now you're paying the price.

Chills run up and down your spine when he speaks out to to your anger shaking protector.

"Y-yOu scRewEd u-up, FreSh..."

His voiced wavered in some places, glitched in others, and would cut off completely at some points. The voice was so deep, demonic sounding. You have never heard anything like this and you wish you never had.

Fresh lifts one of his hands, purple flames surrounding his fingertips all the way down to his wrist. You look over Fresh's shoulder, seeing the glitch walking closer, smile growing by the second.

He looked so unreal.

So evil.

"N-nOw y-you'll pAy t-thE priCe."