~Chapter 9-Emotions~

Confronting him was probably the thing you have dreaded the most in your whole life.

It wasn't that hard to just go up and ask him what's up with the awkwardness, but I mean come on. We're talking about Fresh. It's not as easy as you think. He's the reason your getting terrible nightmares. It's him. It's always been him.

You pace around in your room, eyes closed and deep in thought. He wouldn't flip out over something so... stupid, right? He has yet to hurt you and probably never will, but you somehow think that one day he will snap. Tears will be shed, blood will spill, and it will all be because of you. When he gets upset or angry, his hands clench into tight fists and his head snaps the other direction so he doesn't have to look at you. If he gets furious or so sad it angers him, his eyes spark purple from under his shades and his right hand lights up a terrifyingly dark purple. The worst part, he doesn't use his 90's language around you anymore. He's not the Fresh you first met. He's just a monster holding onto so much emotion until he snaps and hurts someone, maybe even kill.

You can't help but love him with all you heart, though. He was there when you had nobody. No loving parents, no friends, no happiness. Yeah, he has a horrible brother and some slight anger issues, but it's all worth it. For now at least.

You shuffle over to your bedroom door and swing it open, peeking your head out to see Fresh nowhere in sight. Your lips purse, eyebrows scrunched together and palms sweating. He never just ups and leaves like this. Did you tip him over the edge? Did he give up on you and leave for good?

Your eyes cast down, stepping back so you could close the door. You spin around and give a shrill shriek, covering your mouth and backing into the door. Fresh sat on the side of your bed, staring directly at you. His shades dangled from his left hand as his eyes scan over your body. His eyes were so dark they almost seemed black.

"You scared me," you breath out, putting a hand over your chest.

His head tilts to the side, an angered smile stretching uncomfortably across his face. You realize he seemed unstable and it wasn't safe to be around him at the time. You grab hold of the door knob only to yelp out of pain, jerking it back. The golden knob was heated up by purple magic making it feel like fire. You wave around your hand, seething in pain. The tips of your fingertips burned a bright red and your palm already started getting blisters. Your frightened eyes gaze back over to Fresh who only stared. He looked so blank, so fed up with the whole situation. He stands from the bed, dropping his yolo shades and stalking over to you. The feeling of being panicked washes over you in an instant.

The sound of his footsteps made your stomach drop an inch. You look for a way out only to realize there is no way out except the window. But getting over to it, unlocking it and running away would take too much time. He would catch you eventually.

He stops in front of you, staring down at you with cold eyes. He looked so angry, upset, in love, and confused all at the same time. It made you wonder what was going through his head. Both of his hands slam down next to your head on the door making you yelp out of fear. He felt so much taller than you at the moment. You hear his sharp, boney fingertips scratch and dig into the door by your head. You were trapped now. What ever he was going to do probably wasn't going to be pretty either.

His upside down heart glitches into an X for one second before the heart reappears. His pin-prick turns a dark red before changing back to purple. His eyes felt like acid against your trembling skin and you hated it. You felt so vulnerable.

His head leans down to yours like he was going to kiss you. Your cheeks heat up, eyes widening. He stops right at your lips, looking hesitant. If he kissed you, you wouldn't mind kissing him back. But why didn't he just lean in? Why did he stop?

"You've been avoiding me..." He whispers, his temper raising by the second.

"I-I could say the same thing to you..." You whisper back, feeling helpless under is eyes.

He slumps down a bit, the air getting thicker by the second. He looked so angry one minute and then heartbroken the next.

"I don't want us to just drift apart. It hurts too much to lose someone else."

Your heart shatters in two, the feeling of guilt weighing down on your shoulders and chest. He looked so broken.

He places his forehead on yours, closing his eyes and moving his hands from beside to your head to your waist. You close your eyes back, lifting your hands and wrapping them around his neck like you were dancing. Nothing else was said for the next few minutes. Nothing needed to be said.

Him just being there hugging you was enough to make all of your worries fade away. Just for a few minutes and then life could start back again. You needed something to snap you out of that fearful state. A hug. One small hug made all worries melt away. He felt the same way.

"I love you,"You both mumble quietly, not hearing what each other said.

"I really do."