~Chapter 18-Falling~

Everything felt so right in the moment...

and everything hurt after the damage was done.

You wasn't sure how you felt anymore. Did you like stabbing them into little pieces, or did you feel guilty? After all, you only have one set of parents, no matter how cruel they are. Your heart throbbed in agony at the thought, but then your mind was laughing and saying that was the most fun you've ever had.

You were torn right down the middle; a battle raging through your blood stained body. But since the damage has been done, might as well take pleasure into having those pests gone. They can't torture you anymore.

You shuffle your feet along the sidewalk towards Mount Ebott, staring down at the moving pavement with glazed over eyes. Your hands pressed to your chest that felt somewhat warm through the fabric of your clothes. When people walked by, they always eyed the red blood splatters on your clothes and face. They didn't say anything but you knew they wanted to. Fresh skated behind you, arms crossed behind his back and cheerful smile on his face. You would glance back at him every now and then, seeing him taking in the scenery with most interest. After all, you two haven't left the house together for who knows how long. It was either you going to work, school, or the store. Fresh didn't really leave. He just kept quiet and sat on the couch, waiting for you to walk in the door with a scowl. No matter how foul you might've been, he would always try to cheer you up, and most of the time it worked. Something about him is just fun.

"Are you nervous, lil' homie?" Fresh speaks up, making you turn your head back and give an uneasy smile.

"No, not at all." You scoff playfully, turning back forward so you could cringe.

"Someone is lying!" He grabs your shoulders, stopping you from progressing further.

"I'm not lying..." You mumble with a bitter tone.

He sighs, draping his arms over your shoulders and pulling your back into his chest. You bite the inside of your cheek, trying to keep a blush from crawling up to your cheeks. He slaps his hat down on your head, a squeak of surprise passing through your lips.

"Lighten up, dawg! It's not as whack as you think it is. I promise on the soul I don't have!"

You pull up the hat just enough so you give him one of your famous: "really?" looks. He boops your nose without a second thought to how angry you might get.

"What if I'm not liked down there?" You take off his hat, handing it back to him with the same guilty expression.

He puts back in his red and yellow hat, shifting it around so it felt just right. He pats your head softly, knowing exactly what was going through your mind. He holds your soul, therefore knowing what you feel, think, and cherish.

"I don't think this is about the monsters down there, is it?" He peers into your blood drained face.

Your blood instantly run cold at his simple words. Did he really know what you were thinking? Maybe it was your expression... glazed over eyes?

"Dude, you were acting happy earlier. What happened to that chipper attitude, yo?" He narrows his eyes beneath his shades.

"I might feel a little guilty about slicing up my parents." You whisper, hoping no one would hear you.

"Mm, I knew it. Don't worry, you'll become numb to the pain eventually. I did." He mumbles the last part, passing you and continuing on his path.

You watch him walk onward with his skateboard under one arm, eyes narrowed on his back. You let out a breath of air, running after him.

Numb to the pain? Did he honestly not get it?

You've been numb to any kind of pain your whole life. All these years, you've locked up everything in your heart and threw the golden key into a pond of heartbreak. It was when you wanted to unlock your heart that you had to reach down into that small pond of heartbreak and fetch out that same key. Now that key is old, rusted, and has held onto so many memories you've wanted to always forget. That key unlocked your cold heart the moment Fresh showed up. It was his numbness that gave you feelings again. Before him, you were nothing but a shell of emptiness. You denied the new feelings, the love and compassion you felt at first.

You didn't want to feel.

Then you killed your parents and realized, hey, I can really feel the torture and pure guilt after so many years of wishing they were dead or worse.

That blood is now on your hands and you can never take it back, no matter how bad you regret everything.

So why not jump down a hole and try forget once again? It wouldn't hurt to bottle everything up one more time.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Ta-da!" Fresh cheers, pointing to the huge hole before you.

You gulp, peering into the dark abyss with wide eyes. Trembling out of fear, you back away and shake your head.

"Nah, I'm just going to go to prison. Bye!" You wave, speed walking away.

Fresh races over and grabs your wrist, pulling you back with not much effort since you didn't fight against him. He looks down into it, grin growing by the second.

"Dude, I can't wait to use my real body!" He looks back at you who just gave a nervous smile.

You slip your wrist your from his grip and let your hand fall to your side. He cooes, wrapping his arms around your whole body and embracing you with a much needed hug. As you're about to sink into his warmth, he pulls away and pinches your cheeks.

"Don't worry, I got my rad lil' homies back!" He takes his hoodie sleeve and wipes the blood off your face.

You try to push him away, hiding a chuckle at his motherly behavior.

"Okay okay! I get it." You laugh, pushing away his hands and wiping the rest of the blood off on your own.

"Well, I suggest we dive into it..." He puts a hand to his chin.

"What? No! We're not diving in, goofball."

He smiles evilly and hooks his finger onto the front of your shirt. Your face twists into confusion until he start to back up to the hole.

"No, Fresh!" You try pull his finger from your shirt.

You let out a short, high pitched shriek when he starts to fall down, dragging you with him. When you don't feel any solid ground under your feet, your eyes roll into the back of your head and you pass out from shock.

Fresh pulls your limp body into his chest and hits the patch of flowers with a loud thump.

"Whoa... what a rush." He breathes out, sitting up from the fall and sitting criss-cross applesauce.

He lays your limp body down into the buttercup flowers behind him, shaking his head and chuckling under his breath.

"All humans that fall down here always pass out. Pfft, wimps."