One

^ Adriana ^

"Adriana!!! Get yo lazy ass up! You been sleep for 12 fucking hours!" I heard my mom yell. Summer break been kicking my ass. I been working 24/7 and the one day I have off after two months of overtime, is the first day of school.

I groaned loudly as I got out of bed and turned my light on. I was so fucking sore but that's nothing new. My back always hurts, my legs always ache, and my arms are always a pain to lift. I work two jobs but my last job was only for the summer. Now it's just one. The highest paying one might I add.

I got in the shower while I sang to Alicia Keys. I loved Alicia Keys so much but I always got in my feelings when listening to her. Silly me. I got out of the shower about 10 minutes later and got dressed. I put on moto jeans, a white shirt with a blue and red jersey over top and all white shoes.

I put my dreads into a bun type thing and grabbed all the stuff I needed. For today, all I grabbed was my notebook and pencil making sure my schedule was inside my notebook. I went downstairs and turned on the light. I had 20 minutes before I had to go to my bus stop. I have a car but my school doesn't let students drive to school.

I got on my phone and seen a text from my bestfriend, Brandon.

Brando: ADRIAN!!! Guess who is on my bus! Sitting with Nia!

Me: Who tf sitting with Nia?

Nia is my girlfriend of 4 years. We've been together since the summer between 8th grade and freshmen year.

Brando: Taylor. That dyke that used to bully you in middle school

Me: Mann wtf. I thought she was gone for good. Senior year ain't meant to be bad.

Brando: It won't be bad fam. She prolly won't even recognize yo ass since you done glowed the fuck up.

Me: You right 😂

I rubbed my eyes and got up to start my walk to my bus stop. I hate being the youngest child. I'm 17 and my older siblings are all over 20. Moved out as soon as they hit 18 so now I'm all alone.  If they still lived here one of them could just drop me off at school. My parents would never bother driving me.

I walked to the bus stop 10 minutes early and sat on someone's steps. I was on my phone, checking Twitter, when a group of people walked up to me.

"Aye you got the time?" One of them asked me.

"6:45" I said without looking up.

"You going to Memorial?" I heard. I looked up and seen a very diverse group of people.

"Yeah you are?" I asked. They all nodded and one of them sat next to me.  A stud with long straight hair and a blunt in her hand. The others consisted of a petite darkskin girl with long curls, a very tall lightksin boy, and another stud with long black hair and no body. I mean she had a body but she was just curveless.

"What grade you in? This yo first year or something?" The darkskin girl asked.

"I'm a Senior and yeah I just transferred from a private school." I stated.

"You look like you're in College and shit." The guy said.

"A private school? You chose to go to one?" The stud next to me asked.

"Nah nah it was my mom. It took 3 years of begging for her to let me switch." I said shaking my head.

"Private school is dead bro. What's your name?" The other stud asked.