Seven

I walked to the bus stop tired as fuck. I didn't know why I couldn't get any sleep last night but it just wasn't happening. I got a 15 minute nap in and drank a 5 hour energy. Shit never works so I had a frozen Monster and a Starbucks refresher in my bag. I sat down on the steps of whoever's house I had been sitting in front of for the past month and I looked at the time. I was so damn early.

"So you're the one that has the motion lights on every morning." A female voice said from behind me. I turned and looked up at the figure standing above me. She was a tomboy but I couldn't exactly classify her as a stud.

"Awe yeah my bad. This is my bus stop." I said.

"Nah you good B. You must go to Memorial?" She asked walking down the steps and standing across from me. I nodded my head and she pulled out her phone.

"I follow you on Instagram. That's how I knew. What's your name?" She asked.

"Adrian. You?"

"I'm Danny. Are you tired or something? You kinda dry." She said with a laugh.

"Awe yeah I haven't been to sleep yet." I said smiling.

"BABAYYY!" I heard a yell from halfway down the street. They were in a car.

"That's my ride. Later." She ran off to the car and I tried not to doze off at that moment.

"Wake up sleepyhead." An arm wrapped around me and a laugh followed. Jewels. I half opened my eyes and shook my head.

"Man I never been so tired." I proclaimed rubbing my eyes.

"What's wrong?" She asked. It seems like Jewels is never tired. She always has happiness in her eyes.

"I didn't go to sleep last night. I don't know why. I tried to sleep all damn night. Just wouldn't happen." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Awe then in every class I'm in with you, I'll help you go to sleep without getting yelled at." She said. I laughed and leaned against her shoulder.

"Thanks Jewels." Minutes later, the rest of the crew walked up. Kayla stared at me so hard that I felt naked. I stopped leaning against Jewels and Curtis laughed.

"Adrian remember our issue?" Curtis asked smirking. We both burst into laughter and everyone looked at us confused.

"That was just terrible. Couldn't even think straight." I responded.

"Y'all niggas weird." Erin said shaking her head.

"Nah nah we just had a long ass hotbox session. It was lit. Just had to be there." Curtis said.

"Man y'all acting fried now." Kayla said rolling her eyes. The bus pulled up and we got on walking to our normal seats. I was out like a light as soon as Jewels sat next to me.

* * * *

"Yoooo is that the new girl?" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around and was surrounded by a group. 4 guys and one dyke. Wouldn't know she was a girl if you hadn't heard her speak.

"Who you?" I asked. "I'm not so new anymore."

"You always gon be new. I'm T. Your worst nightmare." She said causing me to laugh. I towered over her being 6'3. She was probably 5'7.