Ten

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADRIANN!!!" Everyone yelled when I walked into the party house. Erin's family owned a party house and they let us use it for my party. The music turned on and I walked into the crowd of people. I barely knew any of them so it was hard to find someone I did know.

I seen Curtis and Kayla and walked over to them. Kayla seemed much happier now and I bet it was because Jewels wasn't talking to me. Curtis and Erin are the only ones I have that I know I can trust 100%. Maybe.

"We got hookah in the basement, drinks in the kitchen, and strippers on the way. Happy Birthday son." Curtis said. I was so excited.

"Yo thank you guys so much. This really means a lot to me. First real birthday party. I feel like royalty and shit." I said laughing.

"You royalty today. Shit you're the second one out of all of us to turn 18. Me and you fam we both 18 before these youngins." He said pointing at Kayla and Erin who stood beside us. They mugged us at the same time and we laughed.

"Yeah man well let's party. I'm going straight to the hookah." I said.

"Aye I'm gonna go find Jewels." Erin said to me. I hid my frown and nodded my head.

Erin's POV

I went looking for Jewels. I searched everywhere. Was she even here? I wanted to know why she hadn't spoken to Adrian yet.

I finally found her outside in the shed, smoking a blunt and listening to Kodak Black. She turned it down when I walked in. I sat across from her and noticed how sad she looked.

"Why haven't you talked to Adrian yet?" I asked breaking the ice.

"I'm too embarrassed. I called her out for something she didn't even do. Called her a two faced bitch. How do I apologize for that? She'll laugh in my face." She explained staring at the floor.

"Hold up. Jewels you know how understanding Adrian is. She's more hurt and confused by the fact that you haven't said anything to her. She isn't the type to laugh at a friend when apologizing and knowing they were wrong. So get over yourself and go apologize!" I yelled standing back up.

"Really? I need to tell you something." She replied looking up.

"What?" I asked.

"I.. I think I'm falling in love with Adrian." She said shocking the hell out of me. I mean, I knew they were closer than the rest of us but not to the point where Jewels was falling for her.

"Say something!" She said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Look I think you should tell her. You two have a bond I just can't seem to understand. Like you're a couple but you're bestfriends and you aren't a couple. I think she feels closer to you than any of us." I explained truthfully. It was the truth. Whenever they were together, they could be talking to each other and no one could break their conversation. The way they looked at each other wasn't normal for friends.

"I think I will." She said standing up.

"Good. No wait!" I said stopping her. Shit! "Wait for another day Jewels. Adrian met a girl at the mall today and I invited her to the party."

"Why the fuck would you just gas me up and convince me to spill my feelings to her when you knew a girl was coming to the party for her?!" She asked looking pissed.

"I'm sorry! I forgot. I'm sure it won't get very serious with her bro. She just met her today and she's known you for what? A month and a half? Two months? I'm sure she would choose you anyways." I said in my defense.