Twelve

"Open yo fucking door Adrian!!!" Curtis and Erin were outside banging on the door. They had been knocking for 10 minutes straight. I finally opened the door.

"Why you been MIA for three whole weeks?!" Erin yelled. It had been that long? "At school, here. Where you been?!"

"I can't talk to you guys anymore." I said bluntly. It hurt to even say. They looked at each other then pushed their way into my house. I looked out the window to make sure no one was watching.

"You know that ain't gon fly. You left the day Jewels got kidnapped, never came back, but Jewels ended up back home an hour later. Where did you go?" Erin asked.

"It was Trinity and one of her niggas. I went there and they were gonna shoot Jewels if I didn't promise to stop talking to all of you guys. I chose the obvious choice and went about my business." I explained. I felt like I was under surveillance the whole time.

"Oh fuck noo. Jewels at home thinking you don't like her. We all thinking something wrong with you. You haven't answered texts, calls, anything-"

"She had a gun to my head. Jewels had a gun to her head. She deleted all of your numbers and blocked them from my phone! What was I supposed to do? We all go to school together! She would know if I didn't cut you off." I said getting frustrated.

"You could have told us at least." Erin said shaking her head.

"No I couldn't have. She's probably watching right now." I replied.

"Who cares?! We took you in to our crew and you treat us like this? You really are two-faced. I bet she didn't even have y'all at gunpoint." They left and I dropped to the couch in tears. I should not fucking cry but this shit was taking a toll on me. I couldn't tell them if Trinity kept eyes on me. She would know I told them which means all hell for them and me. She really didn't believe me? Am I in the wrong here?

I went to the bus stop without a care anymore. Everyone else walked up 5 minutes later and said nothing to me. I'm assuming Curtis and Erin told Jewels and Kayla everything already. I put my earbuds in and turned on my music. If they didn't realize that what I did was for them, I couldn't do shit to change that. I knew this was what was best anyways.

The bus pulled up and we got on. I sat in the very front now and ignored the remarks they said while walking past me. They were just being foul now.

* * * *

I sat in class just staring at my paper as Erin and Jewels had a conversation next to me. I tuned them out and looked up when the teacher cleared her throat.

"Class, we have a new student today. Introduce yourself." She said gesturing towards this very tall stud. She was probably the same height as me.

"I'm Shakora. I'm a ball player. I enjoy long walks on the beach-"

"Okay that's enough. Take a seat." The teacher interrupted. Everyone laughed as Shakora made her way to the empty seat in front of me. She sat backwards in her chair facing me and folded her arms across my desk.

"You the first person I seen today that doesn't look stuck up. What's your name?" She asked.

"Adriana but I go by Adrian." I said with a smile.

"Aight cool. I'm Shakora. Call me Kora. What ya working on?" She asked looking at my paper.

"Oh we don't do shit in this class. I'm just passing time." I said. She picked up my paper and read over it.

"Aye this hard. You gon put that on a beat?" She asked.

"Someday." I said shrugging my shoulders.