Thirty-Five

^ Erin ^

I woke up Saturday morning excited to go shopping. I hadn't been to the mall here yet and I needed to re-up my wardrobe. Genesis was knocked out so I didn't wake her up. I got in the shower and got ready for the day. I put on some shorts and a tie dye shirt then I went to go see if Erin was awake.

I could hear her moving so I went downstairs to eat some food. When I got to the kitchen, I nearly jumped out my skin. Jewels was sitting on the counter.

"Dri come here." She said.

"Why the fuck.. Nah how the fuck you get in my crib?!" I yelled. I got close enough for her to grab me unfortunately. She gripped my shirt and yanked me between her legs.

"Baby I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. Forgive me?" She asked, looking into my eyes.

"How can I forgive you? I can't even trust you. You told Gen you was with me for money and head-"

"I was lying. Obviously Dri come on. I have my own money and I enjoy giving more than receiving. I love you. Please don't throw it away because of a misunderstanding and misspoken words. I thought you loved me too.." She had her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist.

I looked down at her waist and bit my lip. If Gen were to come downstairs or even Erin.. shit would be all fucked up.

"Key word loved. As in not anymore. I'm happier without you. I'll never trust you again either way. Might as well just give it up." I said. She raised my chin up so that I was looking in her eyes and she kissed me. I made the mistake of kissing her back.

It got too heated and I choked her, pushing her away. I broke free of her grip and fought the urge to punch her fucking jaw out.

"Get the fuck out my house." I said calmly.

"I need y-"

"GET OUT. Stupid bitch listen! Shit." I gripped her arm and yanked her off the counter, dragging her to the front door. I threw her out and went upstairs to my room. Genesis was awake now.

"What's wrong?" She asked, sitting up.

"Jewels just pissed me the fuck off. I wanna beat her ass. I'm going to beat her ass." I explained, shaking my head.

"Come here." She said. I kept pacing back and forth instead. "Dri! Now!"

I stopped walking and looked at her. She was serious. I got in the bed and she pulled me close so I was laying on her chest.

"Ignore her. Only girl you need to worry about is me. Well Erin too but not in the same way. Cool?" She asked.

"Yeah." I looked up and kissed her neck.

We laid there talking for 15 minutes then got up to get ready to leave. She had to get dressed and I went to go see if Erin was ready. I knocked on the door but there was no answer. Then I heard crying. I opened the door and seen her in the bed crying in the pillow. I never know how to approach these situations.

"Erin.. What's wrong?" I walked in and sat next to her.

"I just needed to cry. I don't know how to feel, I don't have a family anymore. I don't have a girl no more. I'm not strong enough for this." She said.

"Don't say that. You lost a father that didn't deserve the title and a girlfriend who didn't deserve you. I'm your family. I know you're strong enough for this." I explained. She started bawling hard as hell and sat up, falling into my arms. She didn't say anything. I looked up and seen Genesis in the doorway.

It seemed like she was sympathetic and jealous at the same time. She faked a smile and walked away. I didn't bother going to chase her. Erin needed me and she was more important at the moment.

Erin fell asleep shortly after so I cleaned her cut and put some more numbing cream on it. I went to my room and Genesis glared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." She said with a clear attitude.

"What you mad for? Speak now or forever hold ya peace." I said, taking off my tear soaked shirt.

"I just find it funny how you are with Erin. She's grown. She don't need a lap to cry on. Especially not yours." She said. I looked at her as if to ask are you serious right now? And she stared right back.

"She's 18 first of all. She just lost everything. She needed me. I don't give a fuck if you felt left out. It wasn't meant for you to be apart of. If you boutta give me shit over our friendship then you can hit the curb." I explained.

"Really? I'm just saying it don't seem like you two are just friends. Is there a history there or am I just crazy?" She asked.

"You're just crazy. Anything else?" I asked.

"Do you have feelings for her?" She asked. Erin? Do I have feelings for Erin?

"Get out man. Should have known better. I'm not patient enough for the bullshit no more. Sorry you came into my life at the wrong time. Leave and delete my number." I stated. She got up and walked to the door.

"Are you really breaking up with me? I got you a job!" She proclaimed.

"Byeeeeeee!!!" I yelled, waving at her. She shook her head and left. I laid in bed and let out a sigh. I don't need a girl. I just wanted to go to the fucking mall.

****

I was in the middle of smoking a blunt when I got a text from Erin.

Erin: Care for company?

Me: Sure

I was joined by her seconds later. She had changed her clothes and didn't look like she had even been crying. She sat in my bed next to me and passed on the blunt when I tried to hand it to her.

"I don't wanna smoke I just wanted to talk to you." She stated.

"Bout what?" I asked.

"I don't know. Life. Where's that girl?" She looked at me, waiting for a response.

"Gone. She was on bullshit so I cut her off." I said.

"What type of shit was she on?"

"She thinks we had something in the past. She was jealous. Asked if I have feelings for you." I replied.

"Do you?"

****

To Be Continued