Five

Halfway through work, I was on my break and was on facetime with Jaylah. We were talking about the most random shit when I seen the unbelievable. Taylor walked in the break room in uniform. She hadn't noticed me yet.

"Jay I gotta go. I'll text you in a little bit." I said. We hung up and I walked over to Taylor. She looked up at me and her eyes got wide.

"You work here? I'm sorry. I didn't know." She said.

"Why out of all places? You just gotta work here." I said shaking my head. "Just ruined my whole day."

"Well at least we don't work in the same department. I'm trying to stay out of your hair from now on. Trust me it isn't easy." She said looking down.

"It should be." I said.

"No. I'm in love with you. It's never gonna be easy when all I want to do is be around you." I scoffed at her and left the break room. What the fuck?

2 Weeks Later

I was just now getting off my last day of work before my week off when Taylor followed me to my car. I was ready to beat her ass. She had been around me for the past two weeks at school and at work.

"Taylor! Stop fucking with me man." I said unlocking my car doors. She leaned against my car and pouted.

"Why can't we be friends at least?" She asked. "Just forgive me Adrian please."

"Why should I forgive you? Because you're sorry? Fuck that. I could never feel an ounce of happiness around you man. Every time I look at you, I remember the day you told me I would always be an ugly little boy and no one would fall in love with me. Remember? After you pushed me down the stairs and stole my money. Look who's in love now."

"Adrian we were little kids! I was immature and I know I took it to far. Way too far.. But I see now that I was wrong." She said looking like she was ready to cry.

"Nah FUCK YOU." I got in my jeep and pulled off. I went home happy that tomorrow was Saturday and I didn't have to work. I didn't know what I was gonna be doing though. I needed a day to relax actually but I wanted to see Jaylah.

Texts started rolling in me and the crew's group chat as I let myself in the house.

Curtis- There's a party tomorrow. Y'all tryna go?

Kayla- Where at?

Jewels- ^

Curtis- That teen party house downtown. It's Monye's birthday party

Erin- I'll go

Jewels- Me too

Kayla- Awe nah Ion fw him. I'll go to a different one with y'all. I got other stuff to do anyways.

Curtis- Adrian?

Me- Yeah I'll go.

I went upstairs in the dark ass house and into my room. I cut the light on and started to take my uniform off. I was about to take a bath and relax but I got a phone call.

"Hello." I answered tiredly.

"Nia? Fuck do you want?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"I want you back Adrian." She said crying. "Leaving you was a mistake."

"Yeah right. You only want me back because Brandon is a hoe and probably broke your heart already. Yeah what goes around comes around. Dumbass." I hung up on her and went into the bathroom to run my bath water. I sat my phone on the sink and played my music.