Chapter 15 (Part 2)

*Note: If you're in the mood for a little Elias/Jersey romance, click the Youtube link above (^) to listen to the Audiobook Version of this chapter voiced by kaelking12 (Kristen M.) while you read! Featuring music by Saint Raymond, Tommy Lee/ Andrew McMahon, and Switchfoot .

Elias

"Indigo, it's not like that I--"

"Shh. No more words. Be silent. Silence allows for contemplation and truth. I'll let you two contemplate alone. See you outside--assuming you both make it that far."

Indigo nods up towards Jersey who's suddenly decided that unbuttoning my shirt is her new favorite hobby. I peel her hand off my chest before she peels me out of my clothes all together.

"Babe, let's get you outside okay? Social Night's gonna be way more fun than playing with my buttons. I promise."

She yanks her hand outta my grip, slides it down my shirt, and starts grabbing at my chest with her squirrel fingers.

"God, where did all these muscles come from? They're so amazing! Just don't tell Dan I said that! He'll get so mad at me."

"No, he won't. Now stop fondling me and start walking or else I'll carry you to Westwood."

Sometimes, when you've got it bad for a girl and you're not smart enough to keep your shit in check, you offer to do shit for her that you probably shouldn't.

This is one of those times.

Instead of trying to handle getting out of the building on her own two feet, Jersey launches herself off the ground and clamps onto my back like a starfish. Her arms hit me in the face, her fingers claw into my shirt, and she slides her bare legs into my hands and kicks me into motion like I'm some kinda man-horse.

If it were any other girl asking me to do this, I'd probably be giving her hell by now. But let's be honest, when it comes to Jersey, I'll give her pretty much anything she wants. Real talk.

"Go fast, Elias! Like supercalifragalistic fast! I wanna feel like we're flying."

"You got it, J! Hang on tight, I don't wanna lose you again."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing, just don't let go."

Jersey lets out a wild yee-haw and crashes her heels into my thighs a little harder than I'm ready for. The pain sends me stumbling down the first couple steps until I find my stride again. I push my feet off the ground and jump down five to six stairs at a time just to get a reaction out of Jersey.

She's giggling and bouncing all over the place like an eight year-old, and I can't help but laugh along with her. Everytime she begs me to go faster or jump higher than my body can handle, I do. I'll do whatever she says as long as it keeps her happy.

If someone told me back in rehab that these couple minutes with Jersey were waiting for me at the end of a year's worth of bad days, I never would've popped those pills. I never would've given up on everything. Or her.

I guess some moments are worth surviving for.

And this, is worth every second.

Real talk.

Five minutes in, my legs start burning and my back's about to give out, but I keep going 'cause she keeps laughing.

We reach the lobby, and I bolt past a group of hipster girls who glare at me and Jersey for a couple seconds too long. The blondest of the group locks eyes with me, and I watch her face shift from indifference to excitement within the space of a second.