Chapter 51 *NEW*

(CALL TO ALL READERS: If you're a long time listener and/or haven't had a chance go listen to the audiobook yet, this is ABSOLUTELY the time to give it a chance! kaelking12 puts in an incredible amount of work recording these characters for you guys in addition to co-writing the book. This chapter is particularly heartbreaking so we hope you guys listen along! We know that reading chapters like these tend to fly by so if you'd like the full experience + music we've selected, please give it a listen and let us know what you think!)

*TRIGGER WARNING*:

Hey guys! Just an important heads up before you begin. Kristen and I wanted to thank those of you who were honest and open enough in the last chapter to feel comfortable sharing their personal stories with us about their experiences in losing a child. As we said before this is also a topic that hits really close to home for us as well. This chapter was the most difficult to write and record in the entire CFTM series.

Kristen gives an incredibly moving and honestly heartbreaking performance in the audio (click to listen above), so I recommend that EVERYONE who has time please listen if you'd like to experience this chapter in a way that will make it so much more real. We realize that for those of you who have been through this situation, this chapter might be very emotionally jarring and difficult to read.

We did our best to approach this with as much empathy and understanding as possible. Please know that all of you who have personally dealt with this situation are in our thoughts and prayers as are memories of those you've lost. We love you guys and pray for nothing but continued strength and healing even in the face of something this devastating.

We hope that everyone reading can truly feel for both Alex and Elias and keep in mind that this scenario is/has been real for some of your fellow readers. Thank you guys for understanding & we hope this chapter leaves you feeling for people who have lived through what Elias and Jersey are fictionally living through now.

-Jenny & Kristen

Elias

"How did you--how did you know--?"

Jersey says it so quiet. And soft. Like she's hoping saying it like that would let the truth stay hidden long enough to not break the both of us.

Instead, it sucks all the air out of the room leaving us more exposed in our secrets then we've ever been.

Forcing us to face our lies.

Forcing us to finally be honest.

"Kai. I ran into him when I was running after you. And, there I was thinking that he was the last person I wanted see, until he opens his mouth and tells me everything I should've heard from you."