Chapter 39

Elias

The sun starts to rise, peaking through the pine trees, a warm yellow beam at a time. It's a new day, but I'm far from ready for everything that happened last night to be done. Everything beautiful about it is lying peacefully in my arms. And for the first time in awhile, I realize that's what's been missing.

Peace.

The peace in how she sleeps. In how she breathes. In how that peace has found its way in me. It's one of those moments in life you wish time could just stop, so that it would last forever. Where nothing's wrong and there isn't any of life's bullshit to run back to.

The light dances across her skin, highlighting the slight flush of her cheeks. The red-pink of her lips that are just a little swollen from all the kissing we did last night, besides the other things we did of course. But I missed them.

So much.

Kissing them. Feeling them on mine. So I steal one in the silence. She stirs a little. Then smiles a smile I haven't seen since we were in Jersey. The kind that no one else ever sees because its only meant for me. I stare down at her until her shyness forces her to speak.

"Elias Alexander King, didn't your mother ever tell you that it's rude to stare at people."

"I'm not staring, J, just admiring the view."

I shift my weight until she's pinned underneath me for the first time since we started messing around. Last night, I let her take control. Completely. She kept me on my back and took things slow and easy even when I couldn't. I needed a couple hours to get used to how good she felt, how confident she was, and how much I'd missed her.

God, I've missed her.

And I wanted her to feel that.

But half of me's scared that she didn't.

That I didn't do even half of what she did for me.

She was incredible.

So much so that I got lost in her. Lost in a feeling to the point where I don't know if I made her feel things as intensely as I did.

So I want to make up for it.

Right now. Today. Tomorrow. Every single chance that she lets me.

A kiss at a time.

A touch at a time.

I am hers to bend.

Hers to break.

Hers to love as long as she wants

Because I'll never

Leave her.