Dear Nobody (Journal Entry 9)

*NOTE: Check out the Audiobook version of this chapter voiced by kaelking12 (Kristen M.)! Featuring music by Gabrielle Aplin & Paramore.

)! Featuring music by Gabrielle Aplin & Paramore

Dear Nobody,

It's been three weeks since San Diego, and...Elias is missing.

Yep, you read that right.

The mysterious Mr. King vanished without a trace twenty-four hours after we got back from his dad's.

Normally, I'd be worried to the point of calling the police, but ...worrying is a luxury of the non-guilty.

Truth is, the whole Elias being MIA situation is basically my fault.

And I know what you're thinking.

What did you do now, Alex? What stupid, snarky, or possibly Kai-related comment could have led to you not seeing Elias for almost a month?

Well, I have a confession to make, Nobody.

I'm a snoop. A cat burglar. A nosy Nancy.

And, now my nosy tendencies probably have resulted in a missing person.

So you're probably wondering what happened?

The good news is, I've finished all my homework for the week, so I actually have time to write (talk?) to you.

So, sit down and grab a blanket because this is where things get interesting.

Let's rewind back to the part where Elias and I fell asleep together on a beach.

And when I say fell asleep, I mean we were wrapped up in each other to the point where things got complicated.

Not like, sexy time complicated, but emotional history kind of complicated.

I don't know if you're in the business of falling asleep next to someone you still can't figure out how to feel about, but it's hard.

And, no, I don't mean that in the way Elias would because you can imagine what he would've done with that sentence.

I mean that once we reconnected, once he let his guard down, and I did mine, it was hard to untangle ourselves from each other.

It was hard to breathe.

To stop touching.

To stop kissing.

So, we didn't.

Not until our lips got numb and exhausted from all the ways we'd been missing each other.

And as much as I've been trying force myself to believe that I haven't missed him, I have.