Chapter Thirty Five

Today is the big day. I'm going to ask out Arthur. I'm going to either make my life happy or horrible. I take a deep breath and walk out my apartment. Becky told me I should give him a little something something to help him want to go a little more. So I was wearing a crop top showing more skin, some leggings to make my butt have a little more shape, combat boots, to make me look like a bad ass I topped it off with a leather jacket.

I walked onto the sidewalk with my shades on, my bag at my side, and my hair wiping in the air as I walk to school. I didn't know where or when I will ask him out, but I decided when ever I see him. I see the school and my hands start to shake a little. I pushed them into my jacket pockets and cover myself with my jacket a little more.

I jog up the steps and walk into the building and towards my locker. When I get there I look around to catch a glimpse of Arthur maybe somewhere but I didn't see him.

I took out the things I needed and shut my locker to find Will and David walking over here up ahead. I jogged over to them.

"Hey guys, where's Arthur?" I asked looking around for him.

"He has to talk to one of his teachers. What's up?" David asked me as we stop in front of the locker and Will opens it up.

"Just need to tell him something, that's all" I rushed saying, tapping my foot on the floor which I just realized doing. I was getting really nervous. I took my hands out my pocket and shook them letting out a breath.

"You seem really nervous Iris" Will says shutting his locker looking at me.

"I know. I just need to talk to Arthur" I said to them looking around wanting to ask him out and get it over with.

"Dress like that I don't think he's going to listen" David says and I look down to my outfit. It was pretty showy. Almost my whole stomach was showing. I zipped up my jacket.

"Yeah. I guess I wanted to catch his attention first." I said looking at the guys my foot still tapping and now my fingers on my side.

Geez. I was to nervous. Is it hot or is it just me. Man why did I have to wear all black, well my whole closet is so I have nothing to say about it.

The bell rings and I say bye to the guys and head to my first class. I head inside and to my normal seat. And wait for the teacher.

The period won't freaking end. I was staring at the clock, no glaring at it to hurry up as my foot is tapping like crazy.

"Miss Marilyn, can you please stop tapping." The teacher says making me look down at him and I stopped taping and sat back having a tight smile. Then looked back at the clock tapping my finger on my arm. But it wasn't going fast enough. I tried not to look at the time and pay attention to the teacher. But my mind would always wonder back to asking out Arthur.

I didn't know why I was so nervous. Its kind of scaring me. I needed to calm down. I needed a cig. I raised my hand. The teacher looked over.

"Yes Miss Marilyn?" He asked

"Can I use the restroom." I asked. He waved his a hand and I walked out the classroom in the direction to the bath room.

When I was inside no one was there. I took a cigarette out of my jacket and lit it. I took a puff and I started to calm down. I looked into the mirror. My hand on both sides of the sink as I look at myself. My green eyes were bright with nervousness. My hair a little tasseled from going throw it. My jacket still zipped up. I unzipped it liking the air on my stomach as I start to cool down. I took another as someone walks in. I look in the direction to see a girl walk in frustrated.

"My first day of school and my day is already terrible." She says in a British accent. She still hasn't seen me but when I blew out the smoke from my mouth she looked over to me stopping. She then looked down at my attire.

"Then I freaking catch a slut smoking in the bath room." She says throwing her hands in the air in frustration.

"I'm not a slut" I told her and she scuffed and pointed at my attire.

"Well I can explain this, I'm trying to impress a guy" I said and she raised her eyebrows.

"That's what sluts do" She said.

"I-" I just took another puff not seeing how I will convince her that I'm not a slut.

She walked over to me and looked into the mirror as I take another puff.

"You know those will kill you." She said and I laughed.

"Yeah. I know." I said and she pursed her lips as she washes her hands.

"Do they really work, like they actually calm you down?" She asked.

"I wouldn't be in here if they didn't" I said and she smiled.

"Having a bad day to?" She asked drying her hands.

"You can say that." I said.

"Can I try?" She asked pointing to my cigarette. I nodded giving it to her.

"Inhale a small amount hold it for a few seconds then blow it out." I said and she nodded putting it between her lip. She started coughing and I let out a laugh.

"Its terrible" She said still coughing. I took the cigarette and took a puff blowing out donuts. she looked at them in aw.

"How long have you been smoking?" She asked.

"Five months" I said and she nodded. She looked back into the mirror. She was very pretty. With brown hair and brown eyes. She had great features with a good jawline and cheek bones.

"My name is Bella" She said looking at me through the mirror. I smiled.

"Iris" I said and she smiled back. I was starting to feel calmer.

The bell rings and Bella and I go are separate ways. My nervousness rushed back to me as I walk to second period knowing Arthur's in that class. I went in and sat in my regular seat. I then stared at the door waiting for Arthur to come in. He never did. When the bell rings and class starts to begin Arthur finally comes in and sits down. I stared at him my stomach twisting in nervousness. He looked at me and checked me out then his eyes darkened but I didn't care. I was just thinking of the things that might happen when I tell him the date.

He looked at me in confusion, then he mouthed 'what?'. I shook my head and looked in front of the class trying pay attention but my mind would always drift to Arthur. I was only able to write what the teacher was saying but I wasn't understanding it. 

Should I even do this? He did try to reject me and I saw him kissing another girl. I get angry just thinking about that party. But he is my mate, and you only get one in a life time. I can't back out now, I already came this far.

When the bell rang I packed up quickly. I waited awhile for Arthur to get done and walked out the door before I followed him. I caught up to him as he stops and looks at me. He turns to me and I pushed him in the lockers but not in a harsh way. He seemed shocked and surprised.

I put my hand on both sides to him and he looks down at me. Darn my height.

"I have a plan" I said to him and he raised an eyebrow.

"Please do tell." He said.

"You're going to meet me at the corner of Bed Road Drive at 9 o'clock sharp tonight." I said and he seemed surprised. What was I suppose to do after this. Oh yeah leave. I stood up straighter and crossed my arms making my cleavage show making him look and eyes darken.

"Don't be late." Then I walked away with a sway in my hips hoping I didn't make a fool out of myself.