Chapter Seventy Eight

"No Arthur stay in bed. You're not fully healed yet." I tell Arthur trying to make him sit back down in the bed. He was trying to get up but I won't allow it.

"I've been in bed for like 3 days now. I don't want to anymore" He said not laying down but sat down. He looks up at me and I couldn't help but say yes. He was giving me a puppy dog face. How could I say no?

"Fine but let me get you a shirt first" I said but he shook his head.

"I don't want one. I don't want to lift my arms." He said and I nodded. He still has wounds on his back from whips.

"They aren't healing as they should, you know?" He says as I grab a wheelchair.

"I know." I said putting the chair next to where he was sitting.

"Is it really true that they tortured you everyday for a year?" He asked as I help him on the wheel chair. He flinches and I look around his body to make sure he didn't rip his stitches.

"Yes" I said as I grab his IV bag and put it on a hook that was on the wheel chair.

"How did you heal from it? How did you survive?" He asked as I push him towards the door.

"I heal quickly when I need to. My wolf knows how to push my healing abilities when I need it. Make sense?" I asked him as we walk out the door and down the hallway.

"Yeah. Can my wolf do that?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know." As we walk around we see some of June's pack members looking at us. Some nod and others just look at us with sympathy.

"I hate this" Arthur says as I start to make him a sandwich in the kitchen.

"Talk about it. That's why I don't like to tell people about my past. I don't want people to look at me like I'm broken or something" I said putting the sandwich on a plate.

"You're not broken and even if you were, you are so strong and beautiful. Broken doesn't mean lost or weak. It means there are more parts of you, it shows that you survived and is still going." He said and I smiled at him. I give him the plate and kiss his cheek. I then go behind him and push him toward the door to the outside.

I slide open the door and push him out into the fresh air. He winces from the light but then gets adjusted to it.

"A beautiful day" He said and I smiled.

"Yes it is" We hear voices towards the sitting area and we walk towards it. All of our friends are sitting and swimming by the pool. When they see us they smile and wave.

"Well look who has come out the cave. Nice to see you out here man" Will says doing this guy handshake thing with Arthur.

"You stole Iris from us Arthur. Haven't seen her in awhile too" Becky says giving him a gentle hug and gives me a side hug.

More people came to greet us, saying hi and how you doing. I leave Arthur with David and Will as I go talk to the girls who were in the juccuzzi.

"Want to come in Iris?" June asks as she drinks a beer.

"No, I'm okay. Need to be ready if Arthur's feeling tired and wants to go back to bed" I said and she nods.

"See this is what I'm talking about. You love Arthur with all your heart and all, I respect it, I do. I just don't think I can do that. Stay with someone whose hurt all day everyday like that. Its depressing and my ADHD would go crazy. That's why I don't want a mate. They would weigh me down and distract me" Junes says and I'm a little shocked. She doesn't want a mate?

I could understand that she can't handle staying in a hospital room all day, she doesn't seem like one of those people that can stay sane if she did that. But not have a mate? That's crazy.