Chapter Sixty Eight

I started to shove clothes back into my suitcase. I'm over this place and these people. All the fear that surrounds me. I know I shouldn't just leave because of them but I just can't take this. Arthur's parents were suppose to love me. I'm their sons mate. His younger siblings were taught to hate my kind, how could I stay?

As I go into the bathroom to get my toothbrush and soaps I heard the door open. I walk back into my room to see Arthur. He was the last person I wanted to see.

"Iris. What are you doing?" he asked as I shove my stuff in my suitcase.

"Packing to leave" I said shutting my suitcase. My zipper got stuck so I pulled it but it wouldn't budge, I did it more forcefully but it still wont move. Arthur puts his hand on mine stopping me.

"Iris. You don't need to leave. So what my mother doesn't like you. She just doesn't know you" He says and it made me more frustrated. He keeps saying that she will like me, but my kind killed her family.

"Are you serious!? She will never like me" I said looking at him but he just shook his head.

"How can you not see this!? My kind killed her family! How can she ever like me, shes blaming me!" I said raising my voice and he still didn't get effected.

"She just needs time to think that's all." He said but I saw, in a split second, that he didn't believe that in his eyes.

"Why are you protecting her! You know she won't change, she raised you to hate me" I said and I saw he was finally getting effected by it. He balled his fists.

"I have to Iris! You're my mate and shes my mother, I need hope. If she changed once when it came to vampires she can change with this. Just be patient." he said getting calm and I stopped. He was part of this, I didn't even think about him in this. He wants to keep both of us. I need to think about Arthur.

"Okay" I said and he smiled.

"You'll stay!?" He said and I nodded. I sure as hell didn't want to but if it includes Arthur I will. He came over to me and hugged me and I hugged him back. I tried to forget about leaving but my mind always goes back to the argument in the backyard and the truth in Mrs. Knights words. How is she suppose to change when she knows...

"You know she wasn't completely lying" I said in his ear but he just hugged me tighter.

"You are not that anymore" He said and I smiled. I believed him. "Okay you get ready. You're going to dinner"

"Do I have to?" I asked and he looks at the time on his phone.

"Well it wont happen till 6 and its 12 so you have some chill time" he said stepping away from me to the door but I grab his hand.

"Stay" And he did. I pushed my suitcase off the bed and we crawled under the covers together. I lay my head on his chest as he puts his hand on my back. I traced circles and lines on his chest as he closes his eyes. I looked at his face then to his neck. I could see his pulse and his collar bones. I couldn't help but think about when we will fully mate. When he can mark me and I mark him.

"When will we mark each other?" I asked his eyes shot open as he looks down at me shocked.

"Why you ask?" he said holding onto me tighter.

"Just wondering" I then look back down to his chest and trace circles but his grip on me stays tight.

"I have to tell you something. I should have told you earlier but so much has been going on and I've been forgetting." he said and I look up at him.

"You know at the Halloween dance..." He said and I glared not liking where this was going.

"Yeah..."