Chapter Sixty One

I silently walk back into the pack house. I had no idea what I was going to do about this whole Becky Will thing and it was stressing me out. I had to help Becky, but I also had to help the pack, and to do that I have to talk to Will. I have so much on my mind. I have to think about the case, then about David and his mystery mate, school, and Derek? Does he still need mu help? And now they're is Becky and Will to think about AND these councils.

I think I took to much on. It was stressing me out, all these responsibilities. I needed an outlet to calm me and that outlet would be Arthur. I jog up the stairs of the pack house to Arthur's bedroom. I open the door hoping I would see him in here but he wasn't. I frown then shut the door going into the direction of his office. I open that door and he wasn't in there either. I frown again then jogged back to the stairs and down to look in the kitchen where he was also not.

Where is he?

I started to panic. I need Arthur, I need to talk to him. I took out my phone to call him but of course it went to voicemail. I sadly put my phone in my back pocket and go to the fridge. I open it taking out the a beer.

"Hey toss me one" I heard someone say to me so I took two beers, one for me and one for the stranger. I throw the beer and they caught it. I then opened mine and chugged it down.

"Woah there, you feeling okay?" The stranger again asks. I sit on the counter and finally look over to who was looking at me and it was Erik. I smile at him and he tilts his head leaning on the counter that was a few feet away from me.

"How are you Iris?" He asked me and I let out a sigh taking another gulp of the beer.

"I'm doing just fine" I said sarcastically. He chuckled.

"Me too" He said sadly which made me look over to him confused. I guess I'm not the only one suffering from something.

"Cheers to being fine" I said and he smiled back and he tapped his drink against mine, I chugged the rest down.

"What's your problem?" He asked standing in front of me leaning against the other counter that was across from me. 

"Problems. And I will tell you if you get me drunk" I said to him and he again laughed. I set my empty beer on the counter and he opens the fridge and gets me another one.

"Well let's hope I can get you drunk because now I'm curious" He said and this time I laughed.

"You can sure try, hot stuff" I said to him and he again laughed. I opened the beer and gulped it down to half way. Erik and I just talked but not about our problems, not about our pasts, but about TV and other normal stuff people talk about. That's what I needed, just something normal.

"And we ran out of beer and I can still see that you're not drunk." Erik said as he shuts the fridge that has no beer left.

"Nice try" I said to him putting the last beer empty bottle with the rest of them.

"It's hard" he said. I put my head against the cupboards as Erik walk over to the other side of me sitting next to me. I move my head in his direction just to see him leaning his head against the cupboard too and staring at the ceiling.

"Its hard to be new. To change and have a different life. Its hard to start over. Its hard to make friends when you fear that you're just going to run again and leave them behind. Its hard to look normal and to seem happy when all you can think about is this horror story that you call your life. But it hurts to know that the only person that can cure this hardness and make is soft doesn't want anything to do with you. Its your first scene in your new horror movie." He said and I closed my eyes because every word he said was true and it hurts to see someone suffer almost the same way but it gives you a spark of gratitude that someone understands.