Chapter Seventy Seven

Iris POV

I wake up on my side facing a peacefully sleeping Arthur. We fell asleep together after his dad left. I was so happy when his father shook my hand. I didn't know what it meant but I knew it was some type of acceptance.

With one of my hands I gently stroke Arthur's cheek. He was okay. What those things did to him...I wish I could have came sooner. It made me so angry that they did all this just because of me. I didn't even do anything.

Arthur started to open his eyes. At first he looked confused but he then realized where he was. He turns his head to me and smiles.

"Good morning Rainbow" He said and I couldn't help but roll my eyes from the nickname.

"Good morning Princess" I said and he laughed. I didn't even realized it was morning till he said that. Did we sleep a whole day?

We hear a soft knock and I sit up.

"Come in" Arthur says and the door opens to show June. She smiles at us as she walks inside.

"Good morning love birds. How's everyone feeling?" She asked coming over to the side of the bed I was on and sat in a chair.

"Better" Arthur said and I smiled at him.

"Iris?" She asked and I looked over to her a little confused with why she was asking me that.

"Better than I could ever be. Why?" I asked her and she just shook her head leaning back against the chair.

"You fought a lot of rouges that night. Would expect you to have some wounds still" She said and I shook my head.

"I heal quickly" I said and she let out a laugh.

"Very quickly"

"What rouges?" Arthur asked and I looked over to him feeling slightly guilty.

"When you were in the ambulance rouges started to attack June's men. They needed my help and you were badly wounded. I knew if you found out you would want to stay and fight. I couldn't have you getting hurt even more. I drugged you and let the ambulance take you here. I stayed and fought." I said hoping he wont get angry. He just looked away thinking about something.

"Its okay" He said and I let out a sigh of relief I didn't want him to be mad at me.

"She's an amazing fighter Arthur, you shouldn't worry about her. She killed most of the rouges that were attacking us and saved 5 of my men." June said and I rolled my eyes. I wouldn't say most of the rouges.

"Yeah she is." Arthur said grabbing my hand and kissing the back of it.

"And Iris you sure you okay? Not feeling too hot or any cramps?" She said and I was confused with why I would be.

"Um...no. Why?" I asked her and she just shook her head.

"Ava was just asking. Well I will leave you two alone. Hope you heal quickly Arthur...for both of your sake's" She said and I got confused with the last part and it seemed Arthur was to.

"That's weird" I said once June left. I looked over to him and he seemed tired.

"Get some rest. You need it" I said but he just shook his head yawning.

"I'm not tired" He said and I laughed. I grab the bed remote and put the back down so he could lay flat.

"I'm going to check on everyone else. I will be right back though" I said and he nodded yawning and once I came off the bed he was asleep.

"Not tired my ass" I whisper walking quietly to the door. I close the door silently behind me and walked down the hallway. It wasn't too busy but I saw doctors and nurses walking around. I had no idea where I was going till I heard voices.