Chapter Fifty Six

I put my bloody hands on the sink, as I look at myself in the mirror. I was finally done with Ellie, done cleaning and stitching up her back.

I turn on the water washing away her blood from my hands. What happened to Ellie won't be forgettable. She seemed so fragile on the bed, it was so difficult to be gentle with her because I felt like if I wasn't careful enough with her she would break in a million pieces. The monsters were upping their game seeing how slowly Ellie was healing.

I scrub my hands harder feeling like her blood was staining my hands. I felt guilty with what happened to Ellie. Those monsters got to her, they killed her. Not physically but mentally. They damaged her head forever, they scarred her, a scar she can't heal from or scrape off. When those monsters got me I changed for the worse. I remember every second of that torture and I will never forget. I'm scarred, damaged, and still broken.

Ellie will never go back to who she was. She is different now. I could just smell the monsters off her. Those monsters are kidnapping innocent people and torturing them, and for what!?

I scream in anger punching the mirror. It crack shattering into the sink. Every last piece. I dry my hands stepping out of the bathroom into the room where Ellie was. I looked over to her. She was so pale, she looked dead sleeping on that bed, her skin white as snow. At her right Parker sat in a chair holding Ellie's hand in his, tears in his eyes. I sadly smile walking over to them.

I go to Ellie's left side grabbing her other hand giving it a slight squeeze. I then reach over and put my hand on top of Parkers.

"Stay with her" I whispered to him and he nodded. What I said meant more than just sit next to her, but to never leave her. I said it in a way telling him that she changed and he understood. He knew what happened to her and hes broken about it. Almost as broken as Ellie. But no one can be broken like Ellie but me and the other victims who are being tortured by those monsters.

I then stand straighter walking around the bed. I give Parker a pat on the shoulder which he grabbed and stood up hugging me.

"Thank you" He whispered. I then wrap my arms around him closing my eyes. He didn't just need this hug but I did too. We separate and he sits back down as I walk to the door. I walk out to see Arthur sitting in a chair with his head in his hands. He heard me come out because he looked up at me and stood up. He looked worried.

"Hey" He said walking closer to me and I give him a sad smile.

"Hey" I whisper not wanting to speak to loudly.

"Are you okay?"

No. I don't think I will ever be. This girl got tortured by the monsters who took my life and my families. To know that they are beating and killing more people makes me feel...

I'm not okay.

"I'm fine" I said and he came over to me putting his arm over my shoulder, I intertwined my hand with his and leaned my head against his shoulder. I didn't want him to hold any of my weight that is on my shoulders. It would be unfair if I start to give him my pain. I don't want him to stop whats important just to talk to me. I didn't want to be a burden.

We walk out of the doctor wing of the pack house and toward the kitchen.

"Are you hungry?" He asked me letting me go and walking to the fridge.

"No. I'm going to head back to the office to finish my work" I then turn around heading to the stairs to Arthur's office. I was very emotional right now and just needed to be alone and think.

It was hard, to concentrate when all I could think about was Eillie and the monsters that took her. I saw that brand that they burnt in her skin and remembered when they did it to me. It stayed on me for months but it healed away. The monsters seemed to be evolving somehow. It scares me to think that maybe that brand on Ellie will stay on forever.