Fourteen

"Gerard seriously where are you going, where do you go all the time?". I stand with my arms crossed as Mikey looks at me disapprovingly out of his car window so I just sigh and look at him "It's none of your business" "You're my little brother so of course it's my business, I worry about you" "You don't have to" "Well I do and I can't help it"

Of course the day I was going to see Frank again after being lonely and horny without anyone to fix it for 2 days Mikey shows up after school to pick me up. "Mikey it's fine" "No" "I'm just going to my friends house" "Which friends? I wanna at least see these friends and I'll leave you alone" "No I can't, you'll disapprove and force me to go home" "Why? What's so bad about them?" "You won't understand Mikey" "Then tell me"

I know he won't leave me alone until I tell him and maybe if I just let him see Patrick it'll be fine since Patrick looks like he's 16 most of the time anyway. I can't understand how the guys 23 sometimes. "Fine they're at home" "Show me where".

Grudgingly I get into his car and let him drive down the road. I've realised I don't have Patrick or Pete's numbers and I don't even have Franks so I can't tell them to pretend they're in high school.

We pull up outside and knowing this isn't likely to end well I take Mikey to the front door. Patrick opens as soon as I knock and gives me his cute soft smile then looks at Mikey nervously. "Hey Patty this is my brother, Mikey" "Hi" "He just wanted to meet the people I hang out with so yeah, here I am"

Mikey looks down at Patrick and scowls "Do I know you?" "Um I don't think so" "I'm sure I do". At probably the worst time he could ever imagine Pete hops out from the kitchen and wraps his arm around Patrick "Hey Gee, who's this?" "My brother" "Oh cool, I didn't know you had one"

I had almost managed this since Patrick looks so young but Pete looks 24 with his messy hair and stubble so I'm never going to convince Mikey. "I do know you two, you went to the same university as me, Gerard they're like 5 years older then you". I turn bright red and continue staring at Patrick hoping he'll come up with something to save my ass but I don't think he'll be able to.

"Mikey I-" "I thought you meant high school friends Gerard this isn't right" "Does it matter?" "Yeah it does come on your coming home" "What's the big deal?" "They're too old" "So what? They're my friends" "They're too old" "They're the same age as you" "Yeah but it's not me friends with them it's you, my 17 year old brother, so it's not right"

He turns around but I grab his wrist and force him back "Mikey please, I like these guys, they're the best friends I've ever had" "You'll find other friends Gerard it doesn't matter" "No I won't" "We're leaving Gerard" "No Mikey, I'm not leaving, these guys are literally the only friends I have. I don't have friends, I can't make friends so I'm not loosing them. I'm gay, I wear girls clothes and shit, I'm a weirdo and I'm alone, they're the only people who like me. It's the first time people I like actually like me back and wanna be friends with me so please. What am I supposed to do Mikey? I'm not like you and I can't walk into a room and instantly make friends. Mikey, Mikey please"

I sound weak and I'm just begging him not to take me away but his expression softens so I grab him into a hug. He's so tall my head nestles in his chest and I can hold him until he hugs back and sighs in defeat "Gerard if people bully you I'll talk to the school" "No it's fine, I'm gay and wearing girls clothes, it was always going to happen, I don't want to be friends with those people anyway" "Are you sure Gee?" "Please let me stay" "Alright I trust you, you're smart and I know you can take care of yourself, tell me every time you come here though" "I will I promise"

Shaking his head he walks back to his car then waves before he drives off leaving me to collapse into Patrick's open arms. "I'm sorry Patty" "Why are you sorry? There's nothing to be sorry about" "I don't know. Does he know about Frank?" "He freaked out about you two how do you think he'd react to me dating a guy 15 years older then me and who's my principal?" "That's true" "No it's fine, it'll be fine and he seems fine with you guys"

Patrick keeps his arm around me and takes me into the kitchen to make me a coffee and Pete hops onto the table next to me "Is all that true?" "What?" "That we're your only friends?" "Yeah to be honest, weren't you here this morning" "I don't think so" "Oh never mind then" "Sorry about that" "Mikey's cool" "He seems pretty cool"

Patrick finishes the coffee and we all just sit drinking as Pete starts blabbing about his day and I lean my head against Patrick's shoulder comfortably.

Frank said he won't be home for a while so Pete goes off to do something and Patrick collapses onto the couch to go on tumblr so I cuddle into his side and watch. I swear for such a sweet guy some of his tumblr is rather disturbing. I guess the whole site is rather disturbing but some things I'll never be able to unsee.

"Guys I'm home" Frank yells as he walks through the door at almost 6 o'clock then he comes over and kisses me. "Hey Frankie" "Hey baby girl" "How was it?" "Lame, the last two days sucked but its done and I need you" "I swear I'm a human version of a stress ball for you" "Well you're a very cute stress ball" "Thanks for that" "Don't use that attitude on me" "Sorry daddy"

Patrick groans from beside me "Is that my cue to leave and see what Pete's up to?" "No its fine I just need to change and have dinner then chill out, no more work until Monday" "I guess I'll still go find him then and tell him to make dinner" "Can we just order something I need food quick?" "Sure I'll ask him and we can go get it" "Ok cool"

He bounces off and Frank pecks my lips again and goes off to change so I stay in the exact spot and pick up Patrick's laptop to do some more stalking on his tumblr. I would stalk the whole laptop but that feels mean and I don't wanna betray my friends trust already. I don't wanna find something he wouldn't want me seeing so I'll just try some other time maybe.