Arslan x Enemy!Reader (Arslan Senki) One-Shot

I walked out of the basement along with other soldiers and as we soon came to the entrance, we raised both of our hands in the air and walked out. We have surrendered to the Parsians.

I was stationed at Saint Emmanuel to fight on the frontlines against Pars Empire, but due to confusion and lack of defense at this fortress, we had no choice but to surrender. I walked out in shame and followed one of the invaders to a place where they can head count us. I sat down and waited for further instructions, thinking of escaping.

I looked around to see an escape route to the outer walls and I found one which was pretty impossible, but the only way of getting out of this place, was to climb the walls.

There were ropes hanging on the sides of the wall by the invaders, probably 45 feet high, and yet I still thought I could climb over it. Thinking it was too risky and it was impossible, I gave in a second thought, but I didn't want to become a prisoner as well. So I made my decision and crawled away slowly, making my way to the wall.

I grabbed one of the ropes and started to climb up as soon as one of the guards started the head count. I was near halfway when I looked down, I didn't realize how high I was actually. I freaked out and lost my balance, making me slip on the rope two feet down. I quickly re-grasped the rope and calmed myself down as I looked at my rope-burnt hands.

I continued to keep going up the wall and when I got to the top, I said to myself, "Freedom, now I need to get out of here." But as soon as I grabbed the edge, a hand reached out towards me.

"Need a hand?" said the person at the top.

"Awww, great. I'm caught again..." I sighed as I pulled myself without grabbing the hand and went over to the top, laying on my back. "You know, trying to climb over a wall is dangerous." I looked over to my left side to see a kid, probably the same age as me, just standing there and smiling. I gave him a death glare and grunted as I woke up, sitting on my knees.

"I took the risk, OK?! I knew that it was dangerous, but I didn't wanna become your so-called prisoners of war or slaves... That's why I had to climb over this stupid wall so that I could be free! Until you came and took it away from me, now you're probably gonna have me tortured and make me become your slave and-"

"I have no intentions of torturing you, or making you a slave." He interrupted.

I looked at him in confusion and stood up in front of him, face to face. "Then what are you planning to do with me?" I asked. He stood there thinking, then looks at me and smiles again. "Well... Why don't come with us?" I looked at him blankly, not believing what he just said.

"Pfft... Pfft hahahahaha! Are you nuts?! Why would I want to go with you?! Haha!" I laughed as he looked at me confused.

"I'm not joking, I'm bringing everyone with me. Including your people, besides it would be best if you come with us. The food here is running out I believe, so why don't you come with us?" He asked. I stopped laughing and saw him that he was actually serious about it.

I had to think about this first, whether or not, he's telling the truth about food shortage.

"Fiiine. I'll think about it." I said to him as my stomach growled hunger. "Hungry?" He walks to me and holds my hands with his. "Here why don't we go eat something? It's late, plus it's almost time for dinner. Shall we?" He smiled as I blushed, trying to cover my face. "H-hey, I still don't know your name, what do people call you?" I asked calmly.

"Arslan."

2 Week TimeSkip

Two weeks later I was helping out with my people, cooking lamb soup. We were already halfway to Peshawar, along with 'prince' Arslan and his comrades. After the shocking discovery of the kid's name, I soon quickly realize that this Arslan was the prince everyone was talking about.

I did not expected him to be nice and somehow very strangely caring. Whenever he's around, he always comes to me and helps me move around stuff that I need. I was moving food supplies from the wagon and prepared to cook meat for everyone to eat.

Unfortunately, the boxes were too heavy to be carried. I tried carrying by myself first, but nearly broke my back and had to give it up. I was about to abandon the boxes until I heard Arslan say my name.

"You need any help?" He asked. "No, I'm fine. I can handle this by myself." I replied as I tried to lift once again the boxes, not moving an inch. "Here, I hold this side and you hold the other." He held the other side of the box and lifted it up. We moved slowly to the table that I was preparing and lowered down the box.

Both of us got up and gave a smile to each other.

"H-hey (Y/N), I can chat w-with you for a bit?" he chuckled as I gave him a confused look but smiled. "Sure, after I"m done with cooking the meat, OK?" I said as I started cutting the meat in halves and put them on the hot frying pan.

After I cooked and served the food to the soldiers and the rest of the survivors, I met Arslan by making way up to a hill where there was a tree at the top. We both sat down and started talking about how everything has changed after the Capital was taken. I listened to Arslan as he explains that he'll abolish slavery and he make the empire better than before. Everything he said sounded like a cheap dream, but it's fascinating how he's imagining the impossible for his own empire to become and better one. We laughed and chatted until the sun was already setting into the night.

"We should probably head back." Arslan said as he got up and held out his hand to me. I hesitated at first, but grabbed his hand lightly and got up onto my feet. Arslan took a few steps back but suddenly he tripped on one of the tree roots and fell backwards, pulling me down as well.

After we fell, I felt something soft on my lips and when I opened my eyes, I saw Arslan up-close to my face, kissing my lips with shock. We both parted away quickly and sat there in embarrassment and blushed by what just happened.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-."

"I-It's fine. I-I can forgive you because it was an accident." I stuttered as I turned my head and blushed.

Arslan then smiled and got up and once more, reached out his hand towards me. "Need help again?" He chuckled as I smiled and grabbed his hands and got up. Then we both hugged each other as long as possible and walked with our hands together down to where everyone else is, that was the beginning of my new life with someone that I really love.

Hello everybody!

Thank you for reading another one-shot story and I hope you enjoyed it.

Until then, I will write more stories that will grab your attention!

Remember. Don't become a stray and have a nice day, Bye-Bye!!!