Mabuchi Kou X Reader (Ao Haru Ride) One-Shot

I'm gonna change my writing style a tiny little-bit:

Speaking: Normal Writing

Thoughts: Italics Writing

Another thing is that this is the crying scene from episode 11 from the anime. But I changed it a little bit for you guys to get involved and enjoy talking to Mabuchi Kou! 

Enjoy!

I sat there daydreaming about Kou-Chan in class, not even listening to what the teacher is saying. I haven't talked to him ever since he lost his mother just 2 months ago, he's all changed from an outgoing, nice, and caring guy to a sarcastic, mean, and serious person. This wasn't like him. I sat in disbelief to what he said to me at lunch time today, "you're too annoying, (Y/N). Why don't you go talk to somebody else instead?" I never heard him say such things ever since I met him. Sure I knew that he needed some time alone and I understand that. But he'd never did anything like this before. I didn't know what to do to help him. 

"(Y/N)-San, who is the 35th president of the United States of America?" The teacher asked me all of a sudden. I quickly focused on what we were doing in class and most of the students were looking at me, waiting for an answer. Including Kou-Chan. "Ummm... nothing really comes to mind Miss Hosei." I quickly answered. "Could you try at least think of somebody?" I looked at Kou-Chan who makes eye-contact with me, then quickly looks up at the front as if he didn't do the eye-contact. "Um... Err..." I start to panic. Then I look back at Kou-Chan again and saw him hold a note to me that said 'John F. Kennedy, dummy'. I quickly answered, "John F. Kennedy?" Then the teacher smiled. "Make sure you're paying attention in class, OK miss (Y/N)?" I smiled back. "Yes miss Hosei." I looked back at Kou-Chan, who quickly averted eye-contact and faced towards the board. Little did I know that he had a faint smile on his face, trying not to let me notice the faint smile.   

TimeSkip after school, brought to you by me eating a Habenero Pepper sauce with chips on the side.

Little after school, I walked alongside with Kou-Chan, since both of us live very close to each other,  we both walked in silence having small glances at each other. I was a little happy that he helped me in Social Studies, which meant that he still has that caring personality in him. But it still doesn't make any sense why he's  all so serious and cold all of a sudden. I still needed to find out why, so I decided to ask him. But I needed to find a way to start a conversation about something else first otherwise it'll just be like asking a question out of the ordinary, which it'll make me look like a complete idiot to him because I already knew the situation, but I wanted to know why he's so cold to me and others.  

"K-Kou-Chan..." I said quietly. 

"What?" He said bluntly, I tried to think of something to say, then I remembered him helping me in class. 

"Um, thanks for helping me in social." I answered. He looked at me for a few seconds and then looked forward and kept walking. I followed him behind. "Should've been paying attention, that way you could've avoid being caught by the teacher." I stopped and held my bag tightly. "Kou-Chan... Why did you have to change all of a sudden?" I asked him sadly. He turned around and looked at me for a second, I stood there waiting for him to respond. Nothing. 

"Why did you have to change? Why?" I sobbed softly as he just stared at my small form. 

"It's because I don't want to involve you. I don't want you to see and feel what I've been through." Kou finally said. I looked at him and so many thoughts came into my mind. 

I thought to myself, "Kou's the only one who can understand all the suffering he's felt through. No matter how I imagine it or how I understand it, it won't be enough..." I went up to him slowly and raised my hands up to his chest and started pounding lightly on him. "I want to understand him from the bottom of my heart. I know he's been through a lot, but still... I want to understand his feelings. What he's been through..." I kept pounding his chest while having thoughts crumpled and stuffed inside my head. "Is this feeling really wrong? Is it wrong to feel this way? I don't know anymore... I want to break it down with my hands, but a door like this?  I wanted to break it down so badly. But I just didn't know how..." I kept pounding, but harder, on his chest until he grabbed my wrist and looked away. I was about to a a breakdown until Kou-Chan said, 

"Why?"

"Why are you trying so hard to get involved? You, Kominato, and others..." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying not to induce any emotions coming to him. I stood there confused. What does he mean, trying so hard to get involved? Doesn't he realize the fact that I love him? 

We stood there in silence once more as a train passes by, until Kou looked away again and said something I would never forget. "You know, that kind of thing scares me." I looked up at his blue eyes and opened my mouth to what he just said. "Kou!" I smiled and hugged around his waist, making me and him fall onto the grass, lying down with me being on top of him. I didn't give an inch of letting go of him, as matter of fact, I didn't want to let him go. After what he said there, I was happy. Kou-Chan looked up at the sky and had an expression of, 'what the hell just happen?' Me and Kou-Chan laid there for a few minutes. 

"That scared me... So heavy." Kou-Chan said as I looked at him.

"It's too late!" I yelled, making him worry of what I was going to say next. 

"It's too late, the fact that you're scared shows us that you already care about us!" He opens his eyes wide. He never heard me say anything like that before. I woke up and sat beside him while holding hands with him. "You're scared because you're thinking about what'll happen if you lose us, right?" I said, feeling him flinch to my statement. He looked at me once more, but this time, he looked into my eyes. "You're shameless in so many ways..." Kou-Chan said as I tighten his grip with my hands. 

"If what you lost was too big, and you can't replace it with something else... You don't have to replace with just one thing, right? If you get ten small things, or a hundred small things all together..." I held his cheek as he looked into my eyes, realizing the reality of what I'm saying. 

"...It will be enough of a reason for you to keep going!" 

Kou-Chan stares at me, trying to hold back the tears that are about to fall. "No one's going to criticize you if you get excited for something, or you laugh with all your heart!" 

"And if someone does, I'll beat them up!" I shouted. Kou-Chan never seen me in this state before, not even when me and him were arguing. Kou-Chan finally faced the reality and caught what he wasn't able to catch in his entire life. His freedom. Freedom from all of his worries at last, never did it felt so good to know that I was with him all along and that I would help him get up on his feet. He stared blankly at the sky and had tears falling down the sides of his eye. He put a hand on my back and rubbed it gently, then he wrapped around my waist and squeezed me closer to him. 

"Yeah, you're right..." Kou-Chan whispered to my ear. "To let my heart be moved, to laugh from the bottom of my heart... To find a meaning in everyday life." 

"I wanted to be given permission." 

Kou-Chan gets up and hugs me once more, but this time, an extra long hug. He pets my hair downward and sighs softly. "Maybe all this time, I was expecting a storm to come and hit me, but I was hit by this instead. You were always there to help me." He stops petting me and got up and held a hand to me. 

"I appreciate it (Y/N), thanks... for standing by me." I smiled and grabbed his hands, I got up and pecked his lips before he said anything. He blushed a bit and knew that was coming, but it was all good for now. We started our way once more back to our houses. 

"I want to thank you too, for knowing that we're all in this together." I said to him as we walked holding hands together.

"All of us."       

D-O-N-E. Done!!!

I have finished yet another story just for you guys, I do hope you enjoy. 

Do let me know for spelling and grammar mistakes cause I'm still on the curve of learning English. (Don't judge me, I'm Japanese). But anyway, I will keep on writing! 

Vote, Comment, And suggest guys!!! 

Sayonara!!!