You're confusing!

He jumped down next to me and grinned. We went to the edge of the forest where it meets the flat lands. We walked for about two and a half hours when I heard beeping. I stopped dead in my tracks. My heart raced. Clint pulled out his phone.

"Yes sir?..... No sir. I haven't found her yet.... I'll let you know as soon as I do..... Yes sir." The voice on other line was a very deep male one. It sounded familiar. Clint hung up and shoved the phone back into his pocket. I'm surprised he got reception out in the middle of BFE((bull fucking Egypt)).

"Who's 'she'?" I asked, knowing the answer.

"No one." He mumbled.

"She's me, right?" I murmured. He didn't reply. "Why'd you tell the person you hadn't found me when I'm standing in front of you?"

"I dunno." He shrugged and started walking. "Last night you could have killed me and be on your way. But you didn't."

"You could have taken me out while I was asleep. You would be on your way back to wherever and your job here would be done. But you didn't." A slight smile grew on my lips as I walked, looking at the ground.

"Nope. And now Fury'll be pissed." He sighed with a chuckle.

"Fury? Director Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D.?" I stopped walking.

"Yeah." Clint stopped.

"Ah shit." I laughed and shook my head.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm in a shit load of trouble with S.H.I.E.L.D." I replied with a sigh and started walking.

"You're telling me." He chuckled. "Now you know some about me. Tell me about you."

"I work for Russia and my boss is a fat, bald guy who loves cats." I laughed. "What were you trained for?"

"Technically, I wasn't trained. Fury heard about what I could do. He liked it so I became an agent for S.H.I.E.L.D." He shrugged. "What about you?" It took me a while to try to figure out how to word it.

"When I was four, my parents sold me to a guy who works for the Russian government. I was trained since then to kill. I have a very specific mindset. I don't care who I use it for or on. I'm a master assassin. Trained to exterminate." I stared blankly at the ground. "And know Fury'll know about all that shit and I'm basically a goner."

"How would Fury know?" Clint asked.

"You. You're one of his agents." I pointed out.

"Who said I'd tell him?" He grinned.

"You are very confusing." I laughed. "Why wouldn't you tell him?"

"I dunno." He shrugged with a smile. We continued on our 'epic journey' through the hot sun.