If Only

"When did you get shot, Nat?" Captain asked me.

"Oh. I dunno. A few hours ago." I shrugged. "But it stopped bleeding-"

"Guys! There's a bomb! Get outta there!" Stark yelled. Captain pulled me into his arms and held his shield over us. The bomb exploded moments later. We only felt the wind. I pushed out of Steve's arms.

"Barton?" I asked. We all wore ear pieces to stay connected. No one answered. "Agent Barton, do you copy?" No answer again. "Stark? Do you see him or Thor?"

"Thor's heading to you guys. But Barton's not with him." Stark replied. Both him and Thor landed by me and Captain.

"Agent Barton? Do you copy?" The silence over the ear piece wasn't good. Silence at war is deadly. Tears came to my eyes. "Agent Barton?" I repeated that about twenty times before Steve walked closer to me.

"Nat. It's okay-"

"No." I pushed Captain away from me. "Clint? Come on." I started sprinting to where Thor and Clint were. Everyone followed me. Clint's bow was about twenty meters from me. Nor him or his quiver were anywhere near. I picked his bow up. He never liked anyone touching it. Hell. He hardly let me touch it.

"Agent Romanoff?" Fury was suddenly behind me. I changed my expression. "Where is Agent Barton?"

"I don't know, sir. But I'm going to find him." I spent three hours looking for Clint with everyone else. But he couldn't be found. That's when it hit me. Clint was gone. I looked up in the trees. If either of us ever got separated, we left notes. And it caught my eye. It was stuck to a tree branch. I climbed up the tree, received the note, then jumped down. He had written something, but it was smeared. I crumbled the paper up and went to the jet, where everyone was waiting. They sat around a table, I sat on the couch with my knees pulled to me.

"Agent Romanoff? Will you be back in for work tomorrow? You don't have to be, you can take time off if you want." Fury said. I just looked at Clint's bow that was by me. Everyone knew not to talk to me. My anger was raging, but my emotions were hidden. I drove from the base in Arizona, to one of our houses. Once I locked the doors, I started crying. I sank to the floor against the wall. If only I was there for him. If I would've been the one to get hit.

Three or four more chapter guys!!! Love you!! And hey!! Start commenting baby names; boys, girls, and twins!! Just starting some ideas!!