The Children

"You did good." He put a hand on mine.

"Thank you. For everything." I held his hand.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the name 'Black Widow'?" He asked with a grin.

"That's an interesting story." I took deep breath and laughed. "I had sex with a couple guys in Turkey. I killed them all afterwards. The spiders do the same."

"That's nice." Clint laughed.

"Very." I did the same. We pulled into a little diner parking lot. I got out and walked into the place with Clint. We ordered our food after taking a seat near the window. I glanced out it. My eyes caught three men with guns walking towards the diner. "Everyone! Stay calm." I said loudly. "Clint? Stay out here with them. I'll be back." I nodded to the guys. Before he could object, I took his car keys and I ran for the back door. I made my way around to the front. I changed into my suit and walked back to the back door. I held my pistol up as I went in. One of the men shot at me. A bullet hit my thigh. I held back my pain and shot him three times in his head. I kicked his gun away from him. I slowly and quietly made my way to the hallway that led out to the main area where the people were. They were on the floor. Clint saw me, his eyes widened as he looked behind me. I kicked my foot around, knocking a man off his feet. I hit him in the back of his head with my gun, knocking him out. I looked around for the third man. He held his gun up to a little girl's head. She was crying.

"Put the gun down or she's gone." The man threatened.

"You wouldn't really take an innocent girl's life would you?" I asked, slowly moving towards them.

"Don't move!" He yelled. His hands shook as he held the gun to the girl's head. I stopped.

"I've been where you are. Trust me. You don't want to kill a child. It haunts you." I looked into the man's dark brown eyes. I slowly walked to them. I took his gun and threw it to Clint. As I was turned, the man's foot collided with my shoulder. I turned and kicked my foot, which ended up hitting his balls. He hunched over on the floor. I kicked his face and cuffed him. Clint picked the man up. I turned to the people who started to get up. "We work for the government, ladies and gentlemen. You're safe now." I looked at the little girl who had been held hostage. She ran over to me and hugged me. I hesitated before bending down to hug her too.

"Thank you. What's your name?" She asked.

"Natasha Romanoff." I replied with a smile.

"My name's Sofia." She giggled.

"That's a pretty name." I smiled. "Go on back to your mom." She nodded and ran to her parents. I stood back up as a policeman came into the room. He took the man and left.

"Come on Nat." Clint nodded for me to follow him. We returned to our seats. "You're hurt." He put my leg over his lap.

"Its only a bullet wound." I shrugged. I winced when he rubbed a rag over it.

"We're taking you to a hospital." He sighed.

"No Clint. I'm okay. I just need to get back to your place. I have the stuff I need in my bag." I shook my head. He helped me to the car. Dozens of the people thanked us. We drove off towards his house.

"When you told the guy you've been where he is, what did you mean?" Clint asked.

"I was in Paris. There was a man who had robbed and killed dozens of people. He had his family with him when I found him. I killed every one of them." My voice cracked as I remembered the kids' terror struck faces. "There were three little kids. Between the ages of two and ten. I killed them all in cold blood. I have nightmares about them still. They were all girls. One asked me why I did what I did. I replied by putting a bullet between her eyes. Her other sisters screamed and cried. The youngest told me I was heartless. She asked me what her father had done to be killed. I told her he killed innocent people. She told me I killed her innocent sister. I killed her after that. But she was right. I deserve to die just like her father." A tear fell down my cheek. Clint noticed and stopped the car on the side of the road. I quickly wiped it away. "Keep going."

"Nat. I love you." He rubbed my hand. I put my head against the window. He continued to drive to his place. I got out and went straight to my bag inside. I changed into short shorts and a tank top. I pulled out an emergency kit from my bag. I took out tweezers and pulled the bullet out of my thigh. I threw it away and wrapped my leg in gauze. I limped to Clint's bed and sat on the edge. My eyes watered again as I thought about the kids. A pair of hands found my shoulders. Clint put his head in the crook of my neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back towards him. "Its okay." I felt a tear slide down my face.

"I haven't cried since then. That was well over a year and a half ago. I've killed men and women. I didn't kill children after that. I refused. I'd only use a gas to knock them out." I shook my head and cried silently. He put my head on his chest.

"It must've been horrible. You didn't even cry when you were shot or stabbed." Clint rubbed my shoulder. I rubbed my eyes and lay back.

"Thank you Clint." I murmured.

"You're welcome." He whispered. I propped myself up on my elbows and kissed him. He put a hand on my thigh. I repositioned myself so that I was straddling his waist. His tongue traced my lips and explored my mouth. I put my hands on his shoulders and kissed him a little rougher than usual. He chuckled and rolled me on to my back. He propped himself up with one knee and ran a hand down my side, to my thigh. Things got intense after a couple minutes. His hands found the top of my shorts and he pulled them down, tossing them across the room. He did the same with my underwear. I slid his shirt off him along with his pants. He found the hem of my tank top and he pulled it off. He reached around me and unclasped my bra. Our clothes were in a pile on the floor in seconds. "Just don't kill me after this." He panted.

"I won't." I laughed.

I just had to have Clint say that!