Sleep

SEVEN YEARS LATER

It had been seven years since I had my first 'apprentice'. I trusted Fury and all the other SHIELD agents. There had been many different missions I had been on, but the one with Loki was the worst. It was only two weeks after the New York attack by the Chitauri. Thor had gone back to Asgard with Loki and everyone went their own ways. I was currently laying on my bed with Clint. We had just gotten to one of our houses in Jamaica from a mission. I was in a light orange skirt and white button up, Clint in jeans and a black tee. He had his hands on his face.

"Clint. Baby. What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He always had nightmares since Loki had put a spell on him. There was still a faint bruise on his head where I had to knock him out. I sat up on my knees and put my hand on his cheek.

"I'm sorry."

"For what, Tasha?" He asked, looking up at me.

"It literally killed me to have to knock you out."

"But if you wouldn't've, I would've killed you." Clint took a deep, shaky breath.

"I'm sorry. I know this is a touchy subject." I kissed his forehead. "We just need a break. I'll call Maria and we'll stay out here for a few days."

"No. It's okay. I need something to keep mind going. Where's Stark when ya need a strong drink?" Clint laid back. "I'm gonna get some sleep."

"Okay, baby." I put my head on his chest and rubbed my hand down his arm.

I woke up to my phone beeping.

"Agent Romanoff?"

"How soon can you get to the base?" Fury asked. I glanced at my clock by the bed. It was midnight.

"I'm in Jamaica. Which base do you need me in?" I asked, sitting up.

"The one in Miami Dade."

"Just me?"

"Yes. Get here as soon as you can."

"Yes sir." I put my phone down and stood up. Clint's hand found mine.

"Does Fury need me?"

"No. Only me." I shook my head.

"I love you." He kissed me.

"I love you more." I smiled and went to the bathroom. After a shower, I put on black leather pants with a black v-neck long sleeve. I grabbed my bag and left.