chapter 2

"Mom! let me save some energy." I yawn. "You will be late." She shouts. "Late for what....Christmas?" I laugh. "You forgot, didn't you?" She narrows her eyes as she walks into my room. "Don't you want to check if you got into that university?"

Shit!

Today are the results getting announced. Today is the most important day of my life. I have waited for this day for so long. How can I forget it? I wish I get admission in the university.

I head towards my bathroom and try toe get ready as quickly as possible. I walk out of my room with a towel wrapped around my damp hair and make my way to the dining table.

"Important day today." It is hard to tell wether my dad was asking me or informing me. I nod in response.  He is wearing his famous suit.

"At what time?" Jake questions. "Why are you so excited." I frown. "Answer him," dad says in a grave tone. "But dad-" he cuts me. "You should not argue with your brother rather try learning something from him."

I nod "the results are going to be out in the afternoon, online. I would be going to Allie's house to check them."

Jake is good at every thing. I am sometimes jealous of him. His gorgeous features, beautiful blue eyes are not helping. He had many girlfriends in high school, me on the other hand never even dreamt about guys.

"I am already late." I state looking at the wall clock. "Good luck!" My mom wishes me as I leave the house. Allie is my best friend. We are friends since ninth grade. We both filled the prospectus together and were eagerly waiting for the results since then.
She lives near my house. I just have to cross a lane to get over to her house.

Here I am standing in front of her beautiful house. She gives me a big bear hug as she calls me in. She has a huge room with royal furniture.

She opens the website. 'Three' 'Two' 'One' and the results are out. We quickly look for our name.
The list is not in an alphabetic order so it is difficult to find our names.

"J.. J.. Jeniffer! Here it is." I state pointing my name.
"What?" She jumps. "Yes! You did it. Bravo! You are getting the scholarship."

"Yoho! That's me." I dance.

"Look for your name." I suggest. "Yeah right," she look into the computer. We go through all the list but fail to find her name.

"Don't loose hope," I say consoling her as I place my hand on her shoulder. "You will make through it the next time."
"Yeah whatever," she she shoves off my hand.

"Sorry to be rude." She apologises "you are right I will try next time and will surely make through it."
"Bye, I should go now." I run out of her house.

"Mom! Mom!" I sing as I enter my house.
"You look happy, does that mean?" My mom faintly smiles. I nod as we both start jumping.

I can clearly see how happy she is.
"Party time!" she states as she calls my dad.
____________________________________