The One Where Slugs Are Slimey

Percy and Kyle were, rather slowly, making their way towards Snapes classroom, the only sound in the corridors was the grumpy stomping of their feet accompanied by moans of how the grease from Snapes head might drip onto them. The latter was mostly from Kyle, accompanied by small nods and words of agreement from Percy.

----------

Fred and George were on their way to their second detention that week, in deep conversation about a new product for their skiving snack boxes when they heard footsteps coming from the corridor ahead of them. They quickly stopped talking when they heard two voices chatting about Snapes greasy hair and how it carried the risk of dripping onto them, after exchanging amused smirks they sped up to find the culprits.

----------

They met at the door to the classroom and to call it awkward would be an understatement.

"After you-"

"After you-"

George and Percy said at the exact same time, cutting each other off, both trailed off and glanced at the door between them. Kyle rolled her eyes and started to walk in, however at the same time Fred started to walk in, they collided and paused, stepping back.

"You go first." Fred mumbled sheepishly.

"N-No, its fine. You go." Kyle nervously ran a hand though her hair.

"This is ridiculous." Percy pushed past then other three and went into the potions room where Snape was stood by the front desk, looking far too happy about the pain he was about to inflict on these students.

"Miss Jasper, I was beginning to think you and your friends were going to be foolish enough to not show up."

He strutted over to the group stood by the door.

"I'll be back in two hours, I expect this room spotless in that time. Give me your wands, you will be doing this the muggle way."

After collecting the wands of the reluctant students he left with a swish of his cape.

It seemed that in their last lesson the second years were not as careful as Snape normally forced his students to be. The trails of slime from runaway slugs covered the desks and tables. The innards of many slugs were smeared across the tables and there was even potion on the ceiling.

"What are the chances Snape added to the mess before we got here?" Kyle asked, almost gagging at the mess on the table beside her.

"How'd they get it up there?" George poked the vomit-coloured potion on the ceiling with a broom. This evidently wasn't the smartest idea as some splattered down onto his face.

The boy didn't even look upset, he simply wiped it away with the back of his hand, accepting the fact that, of course, that would happen to him.

Fred, Kyle and Percy attempted to stifle their laughs, failing miserably when the two girls made eye contact and practically exploded which then set off Fred. However, their laughter stopped when a large blob of slug slime was aimed at Percy from across the room, her and Kyle ducked, causing the slime to hit Fred straight in the stomach.

His face instantly dropped, betrayal plastered all over it, he shot daggers at his brother who looked shocked, but amused never the less. The two girls slowly stood up, looking between the boys, all four of them attempting to hide smiles.

The group fell into a, rather awkward, silence when Kyle decided it was time to start cleaning because she 'didn't want to spend her whole life here'. Sending Fred and Percy to one side and insisting she was 'helping' George whilst he cleared gloop off the ceiling (when in reality she was just watching a pointing out bits he missed) they started clearing the mess of a classroom.