The One Where Fred And George Finally Hit Puberty

The Great Hall became a popular hangout spot. The older students coming to put their names in the Goblet of fire or cheer on their friends, whilst the younger ones came to watch.

Neville (in his newly sown shirt) and Percy sat at the Gryffindor table, as close as possible to the Goblet so Percy could watch the blue flames flicker.

They intrigued her, they seemed to dance across the rim of the cup, enticing people to drop in that little slip of paper.

Then they would face horrible and dangerous challenges- what could be better?

Kyle eventually joined the two. It seemed an unspoken rule in the group that no one speak about what happened in their DADA lesson. It made it easier.

Besides Percy couldn't stay mad at Kyle, ever since Neville was given that new Herbology book he had been impossible to get a decent conversation out of.

"So how-" Kyle began, pulling Percy's attention towards her just in time to see a bunch of seventh years enter the room, all cheering and shoving each other.

Cedric Diggory led the group and was the first to put his name in the Goblet. A few more students followed, the girls recognised a couple of them from the New Years party.

Eli went last.

He avoided eye contact with his little sister as he placed his name in the Goblet among the others.

"If he's dies in that competition I'm going to kill him." Percy stated.

"You can't kill someone who's already dead." Kyle corrected her.

"You ever read the story of the three brothers?"

"Of course, why?"

"I'm going to find that pebble of life and bring him back so I can kill him again."

"Pebble of life?"

"Felix couldn't say resurrection when we were little."

Kyle laughed and shook her head "Your family is fucking weird."

---------

The next night it was Fred and George's turn to make complete dicks of themselves (again). Except this time they weren't just embarrassing themselves in front of Percy and Kyle.

No, this time, it was in front of about fifty people.

Good going guys.

If asked later about the event Kyle would swear that she knew it was going to go wrong the entire time. How could it not? The twins were smart but Dumbledore was smarter.

The truth was for a moment she genuinely believed they had managed it. When they put their names in for a second everything was calm, then cheers erupted through the hall.

Fred and George were liked by mostly everyone so people celebrated their victory. However the cheers grew louder when it went wrong.

Mere seconds after their apparent victory the two boys were on the floor, their red hair was white and they had beards that matched.

Percy and Kyle watched for a moment, allowing the boys to make even bigger fools of themselves.

"That's enough, idiots." Percy approached the boys after easily weaving through the crowd surrounding them (being small had its upsides).

Kyle was a bit disappointed as she watched her blonde friend stand between the boys in such a way that they wouldn't be able to get to each other without possibly hurting her. Fred immediately stopped and George followed his twins lead.