Lunchtime

Professor Kukui lectures the class about the history of Pokemon Battles. Normally, such a topic would excite Ash, but not on an empty stomach. His arm was propped up on his desk to support his head. He tried his best to remain focused, but his mind continued to drift off. Before he knew it, he started to day dream Brock's camp cooking, Cilan's gourmet eats, Serena's Pokepuffs, Serena's Pokepuffs,
Serena's Pokepuffs,
Serena's
Serena...

Suddenly, Mallow's hand shot up into the air, directly in Ash's line of sight. He snapped out of whatever world he was in. His head slipped off his hand and with a loud bang, he hit his chin on the wooden desk.

Everyone laughed at him, all but Mallow who's smile made his current situation bearable rather than pure embarrassment. She kept her hand up until Ash was fully alert, and then she declares, "Lunchtime Professor!"

"Already??" Kukui checks the clock above the door, "Oh, I guess you're right Mallow! Class dismissed, we will continue this lesson in an hour. If any of you are late for even a second, I'm locking you out and marking you absent for today, capiche?

"Capiche!~" the class happily replied in unison.

As everyone walked out of the classroom, Kukui stayed inside to read a book. Ash left the lunch his mother packed for him on his desk, he took this time to explore for a bit. As he made his way out, he saw everyone leaving the school grounds. "Where are they going?" He mumbled quietly. Leading the group was Kiawe, next to him was the tan and talkative Mallow, Sophocles didn't seem to be too interested in their conversation as he continued to toy with a piece of electronic equipment, and Lana walked close to Lillie in the back. Lillie however, walked at a distance behind the rest. It wasn't until they were about a football field's length away from the school when Mallow decided to walk back alone. Her walk turned into a skip, she waved to Ash as he stood in front of the school building.

"Ash! Aren't you going to eat lunch?" She yelled. Ash waited for her to skip all the way back on campus before making a reply. Mallow then invited Ash to have lunch with the group at a Kalos-themed Pizzaria down the street.
"Actually, I was just about to go back inside to eat the-"

"Okay! I'll come with you!" She interrupted. As they walked back inside, they caught the professor's attention.
"I thought you all went to Kalos Pizza?"

"Nah, I thought I'd stay and eat here," she replied,

"But Mallow, you know there's no food here,"

"We'll see!" Mallow lifted the top part of her desk revealing cooking ingredients, in the doorway, Ash's jaw dropped and his eyes widened.

"Oh god," Kukui chuckled, "That's right, I forgot you love to cook, but what are you going to cook with?"

Mallow smiles deviously as she walks over to Ash's desk, then lifts the top to reveal cooking equipment, "Ta-da!"

Just like that, Kukui felt as if he had lost a battle, and so he sat down at his desk.

A thought clicked in his mind as she said 'Ta-da,' it reminded Ash of Serena who used to say it a lot, suddenly, Ash felt a whole lot more comfortable to be around Mallow.

"Mallow, I'm ready to give you and Ash detention," Kukui says in an intimidating voice, goosebumps covered both Ash and Mallow, then Kukui continued, "...if you don't make enough food for me too."
A wave of relief came over them, and with a smile, onto cooking she went.
Ash took a seat at Lillie's desk as Mallow prepared, "I'll be over here if you need any help!" Ash assured her. She replied with no hesitation, "Thanks, but I got it under control!"

About fifteen minutes have passed after she started cooking, it would take about another fifteen to finish up, so Ash got up out of Lillie's chair to walk around the classroom. The walls were brown wood panels placed vertically, on the wall away from the door were shelves with books, and the wall on the opposite side of the room had big windows. The classroom had no lights since the main source of light came from the sun, so during the afternoon would be a lot darker, as it is right now.